when ever the band "slipknot" is mentioned a bunch of people go on a rampage saying things like "slipknot fans are all fags" or "slipknot fans act like their tough but they are all idiots trying to act goth"

i mean i love slipknot but im not goth at all...on the contrary im quite far from it actually....i just dont see how people who talk bad about slipknot fans the way they do can say we are all fake badass' when all they do is talk **** themselves...

comments?
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by ShaunDiel
Because it's their opinion. Who cares?

well i understand that but it's a little hypocritical isnt it?
It's because Slipknot are like shandy - it's what you let kids have when you don't want to let them at the beer.
Quote by smb
It's because Slipknot are like shandy - it's what you let kids have when you don't want to let them at the beer.

Brilliant!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
No idea man

I guess their fans just like to have fun I guess
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Quote by smb

That made me smile. Well done sir.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i have a friend who is awesome at bass and got accepted by Berkley and MI, and he likes Slipknot. personally, i hate them, because of the whole Maggot thing. whenever a band like Slipknot, MCR or ICP has like a cult following, i tend to hate them.
it's called the bandwagon
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
when ever the band "slipknot" is mentioned a bunch of people go on a rampage saying things like "slipknot fans are all fags" or "slipknot fans act like their tough but they are all idiots trying to act goth"

i mean i love slipknot but im not goth at all...on the contrary im quite far from it actually....i just dont see how people who talk bad about slipknot fans the way they do can say we are all fake badass' when all they do is talk **** themselves...

You just gotta realize some people are stereotypical idiots. Slipknot fans are not all any of the sort. I'm sure there are some gay slipknot fans but they probably aren't gay because of Slipknot, just because they like being on the receiving end and not the giving end. But i guess that's their business...
Quote by smb

I quite liked that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
There just one of those bands that are cool to hate to show your metal elitism. Like MCR.

This.
All those metal elitists think that if a band gets too popular, you need to start hating them and calling all of their fans posers and whatnot. I personally don't see the point.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Maybe you shouldn't listen to slipnot? They you don't have to come here and cry about it.

i am not crying about it im curious to know why people say slipknot fans are idiotic assholes when it's the people say this being the dicks....but i guess you just like to think your better than that to give an intelligent answer
It's called an opi-onion. It's like an opinion but makes you cry your eyes out.
Our drummer is a huge slipknot fan and I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't try and force me to listen.

I'm not a fan of slipknot because I personally believe that their musicianship is deplorable. I think they are a "shock-rock" group, much like Alice Cooper and Marylin Manson, and I don't enjoy shock rock.

However, if others want to listen to them, I'm fine with it. I've had people bash me for listening to Hendrix (seriously, it happened at the first and last football game I attended) and I can't see the point in bashing someone for their musical taste.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by DanRev
It's called an opi-onion. It's like an opinion but makes you cry your eyes out.

true. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and occasionally they open up and spew **** everywhere.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I suppose its a way to make fun of people who are different from themselves. As you can see from my avatar I'm a fan of Slipknot, but I don't dress in Tripp pants and paint my nails black because that just makes you stand out in the crowd and gets you alot of attention which most of the time is negative attention.
Were you born yesterday?

Anytime that anyone mentions anything there is always somebody there to comment that everybody who likes the said thing over enjoys the company of the same gender.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
because half the people in the pit look at their opinion as law OR because they think that you are saying that your opinion is law.
Quote by frottage
i have a friend who is awesome at bass and got accepted by Berkley and MI, and he likes Slipknot. personally, i hate them, because of the whole Maggot thing. whenever a band like Slipknot, MCR or ICP has like a cult following, i tend to hate them.

DONT EVER COMPARE SLIPKNOT TO MCR
.. i dont listen to icp
but BOO MCR
wow im surprised no ones said the obvious answer

because you touch yourself at night
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by UncleCthulhu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

If you want to be a metal elitist, you hate on a metal band.

If you're saying that Slipknot isn't a metal band, you just proved my point. If you mean my "like MCR" comment, I meant that they're popular to hate, not that they're metal, though it is mostly metal elitists that hate them to be cool.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Maybe you shouldn't listen to slipnot? They you don't have to come here and cry about it.

I wish there was a "**** you" smiley.

EDIT:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
I like Slipknot, don't get me wrong, i used to be a full on maggot at one point, all I'd do is listen to Slipknot, and it'd be Slipknot this and Slipknot that. But then i just kinda...well...grew up, and started listen to a specific kind of music. Slipknot kind of show and entire range of genres in themselves, and it's what i used as a younger person to find my own genre to listen to. A lot of people look at Slipknot as a bad life choice that they made whilst they were young. I personally can't wait for the new album in August (I think). But that's just my take on things.

And before you ask, my own favorite genre is Metalcore, and Slipknot sound quite similar to some Metalcore bands with the Vol.3 album....At least to me they do.
I like SlipKnot.

But, whenever people bring them up when talking about metal I get a little perturbed.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Because we metal heads are elitist asshats. And if we hear anything other than our Children of Bodom or Metallica we think it is inferior, and deserves to die.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by an epic mistake
Because we metal heads are elitist asshats. And if we hear anything other than our Children of Bodom or Metallica we think it is inferior, and deserves to die.

That's cool, because both of those bands are meanderingly horrid.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
That's cool, because both of those bands are meanderingly horrid.

see right now, i think this man is inferior to me, for he has a different opinion. This is a perfect example of my point.

(i kid, i kid)

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
it's called the bandwagon

This. Everyone hates Slipknot, Greenday, Nickleback etc because it's the thing to do.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
This. Everyone hates Slipknot, Greenday, Nickleback etc because it's the thing to do.

hey why not jump on the bandwagon, its a hell of a lot faster than walking.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Haha.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast

Or maybe because they dont like the music? I dont mind greenday to be honest, but Nickleback are the most bore inducing nirvana-wannabe radio friendly middle of the road bollocks I've heard recently and Slipknot is greasy greb music IMO.