I was given a Strat by a friend, it plays nice, but I have no clue what wood it's made out of.

The finish is semi-clear so I can describe the wood, it's has very light straight streaks with rare dark streaks. It also has a bright color.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
Last edited by cielmort at Jun 12, 2008,
is it a Fender, or Squire? or other copy? and we really cant tell just from a small description, could u take a pic?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
The only thing I could say is that it's a light weighted wood.

I don't have a camera.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
if you can't take a pic then we can't accurately help you. Your best bet is to search some online wood supply stores and compare what your guitar looks like to the pictures they provide of each type of wood.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Probably either, ash, alder or plywood as that's what strats are usually made of. I think alder is fairly dark, so I guess it's ash then (no idea what that looks like). Plywood is a mishmash of all sorts of crap so that could be light as well.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
tree wood. made from a tree.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom