Hey, My names Matt and im an alcoholic/Guitarist

Recently ive hit a stump with my solo's im finding myself with a metal block on getting in the mood to learn the solo's in a song, perhaps i am challenging my self to much. perhaps not.

but what i came to ask, is that if anybody here knows of some excellent solo workout regimes that would help me perfect the 'Pull Off' or the 'Hammer On' techniques, i am too low on the totem poll to start learning how to sweep pick, but anyway

thanks for any advise given!

EDIT: the alcoholic thing was a joke
Put the Bottle Down!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Try listening to some new music; if you listen to metal go and listen to some blues, if you listen to blues go and check some jazz, if you listen to jazz go find some good country. If you can find a new type of music that you like then you'll probably want to learn how to play it which should rekindle your enthusiasm.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Learn to play a technique called legato. It uses the fewest neccissary picked notes and the rest are hammer-ons/pull-offs. It's used a lot in almost any Joe Satriani solo; he uses it quite often. Just google legato guitar and you can find tons of info.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Try listening to some new music; if you listen to metal go and listen to some blues, if you listen to blues go and check some jazz, if you listen to jazz go find some good country. If you can find a new type of music that you like then you'll probably want to learn how to play it which should rekindle your enthusiasm.

+1 on that. There's masters of the trade in all genres. Also, dunno if you've heard of Dave Weiner's "got riffs" lessons on utube but they're damn good. As far as the sweeping, it doesn't matter where you are on the totem pole. the only way to get good at it is to practice and practice clean
My advice on pull-offs is to pull don't pull down, pull away at about a 45 degree angle from the fretboard. And make sure the finger pulling off also kind of "plucks" the string as it leaves the fretboard.
hue