I've been using Amplitube and it's been making clicking/popping sounds alot. I searched around the interwebz and everyone seems to suggest a new soundcard. My pc is about 4years old...If you need any more information just ask...i currently have 512mb RAM.

Currently i have a "realtek ac97 audio" internal, and i was just wondering if i need a specific type of card for my pc... just like some computers need certain types/makes of RAM. Or does would sound card fit inside my pc?

So does anyone know a good sound card that will allow high quality recording/playback?
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Well?
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
instead of a new sound card, can you use some kind of USB/Audio converter.
it not that your soundcard is inferior, its that most soundcards arent really made for that type of use.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I guess you're just plugging the guitar straight into the card, because you need some sort of pre-amp to convert the guitars signal into something that the soundcard can handle (unless your soundcard has an inbuilt preamp, which the basic AC97 onboard chips don't) otherwise your signal will just be incredibly noisy.

I used to plug mine in directly to the soundcard (I've got the same one as you), but the adaptor I used wrecked my input jack so I can't use it anymore.

I ordered a Line 6 UX1 today, it's USB and from what I've heard it works with Amplitube and Guitar Rig well.

That's one point aswell, I tried Amplitube but I found it was stupidly noisy. Try Guitar Rig 3, I use it and it's nowhere near as noisy.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I guess you're just plugging the guitar straight into the card, because you need some sort of pre-amp to convert the guitars signal into something that the soundcard can handle (unless your soundcard has an inbuilt preamp, which the basic AC97 onboard chips don't) otherwise your signal will just be incredibly noisy.

I used to plug mine in directly to the soundcard (I've got the same one as you), but the adaptor I used wrecked my input jack so I can't use it anymore.

I ordered a Line 6 UX1 today, it's USB and from what I've heard it works with Amplitube and Guitar Rig well.

That's one point aswell, I tried Amplitube but I found it was stupidly noisy. Try Guitar Rig 3, I use it and it's nowhere near as noisy.

I;'m using Stealthplug as the converter from my guitar into USB. The effects are amazing but there is sometimes terrible latency and clicky noises, appartly it's my soundcard, i'm willing to take the risk of buying new soundboard

But i don't know what to get

Quote by Wardster
I;'m using Stealthplug as the converter from my guitar into USB

Ah, there's your problem.

The shielding they use in the Stealthplug is horrendous, it's going to be noisy no matter what you do.

I can't really speak for it seeing as mine hasn't actually arrived yet, but you should try and save up for a Line 6 Toneport.
Have you installed ASIO drivers??

Pop and clicks is usually because your latency is set to low
"To Talk Without Thinking Is To Shoot Without Aiming"