So my brother went and bought a Roland Edirol UM-1EX midi thingy for his piano. He wants to go record stuff from his Korg digital piano onto my laptop.

Thing is, I use Ubuntu (well I dual-boot with Vista, but its a complete nightmare, last time I touched it it went completely mad) but the midi thingy (which basically has a MIDI in and MIDI out that goes to the piano, and the usb cable on the other end which goes to the laptop) says that its compatible with OS-native drivers for Windows XP-2 and Mac.

So he wanted me to find out whether it would work with my Ubuntu Studio without actually trying it out, so he can return it if it doesn't work. I have no idea how to tell if it works (after all, this isn't ultimate-piano.com) so I humbly present the question to you.
Last edited by monkey22 at Jun 12, 2008,
people at sweetwater forums say theyve gotten it to work on ubuntu. great os btw.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
I use Ubuntu and frankly it's a dick for sound production in my opinion and midi. It's the only thing that annoys me really and the only thing I use Windows for.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?