So my local guitar shop has a a ton of amps, but most of those amps are in the $1,500+ price range. So the selections for me are pretty sparse. So what I'm looking for is a tube amp that gets great distortion, but wont just sound like mud, and a decent clean would be great as well.

I mostly play rock/hard rock, and not a lot of metal. I play a lot of Tool, Rage Against The Machine, A Perfect Circle, etc. stuff, if that helps at all. And I play a ESP LTD EC-1000.

I also would like something that can stand up to a drum kit, that I can play small gigs with, but won't have my poo-poo head neighbors calling the cops on me everyday.

So I've played the Peavey ValveKing 112 and I thought it was a pretty decent amp. I'm just worried that 50 watts may be too loud for a practice amp?
I'm also interested in the Mesa Boogie F-30 but will this be able to hold up against a drum kit?
Input on these or any other amp would be GREAT!!!!
an F30 will DEFINITELY hold up to a drum kit. in fact, you will have to turn the amp up in a practice, therefore making your tone godlike.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I just can't have it so loud because my neighbors like to call the police, so thats what I'm worried about when its just me playing alone.
how did that rhyme in the least? :P
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.