I'm wondering where does the itching comes from...You know, what does actually causes that feel on our skin? Is there any physiological explanation??
I always thought it was some little creatures that were biting us...lol
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
There are many causes of itching. General itching may be a symptom of many conditions including:

diabetes (Type 1 and 2),
thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism),
some conditions affecting your liver (including primary biliary cirrhosis, liver cancer, hepatitis),
a condition affecting your kidneys (chronic renal failure), and
iron deficiency anaemia.
Other common causes include:

skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus and rosacea,
an infection, such as chickenpox or scarlet fever,
an intense itch of a particular part of your body may be due to the presence of lice (body lice, head lice, pubic lice),
a skin infection caused by a tiny mite (scabies),
anal itch, this is common and may have many causes, including threadworms and haemorrhoids (piles),
a fungal infection (tinea), which can lead to itching between the toes (athlete's foot), in the groin (jock itch) or on the body (ringworm),
candidasis, which can cause itching in the external genitalia in women,
obstetric cholestasis in pregnancy, itching during pregnancy is common, but should be checked out by your doctor or midwife, especially in the third trimester (as it leads to stillbirth),
insect bites and stings, which may cause localized itching and skin irritation,
sunburn or dry skin, and
prickly heat, which is a very itchy rash that appears in hot, humid weather.
Itching can be caused by a reaction to a medicine, or an allergy to many things, including cosmetics or fabrics, contact with certain metals (such as nickel), or contact with poisonous or stinging plants. The itchy red welts of hives (urticaria) on the surface of the skin are usually an allergic reaction to food or medicine.
Its mostly rubbing against another surface, like say if you wear clothes most of your life, like humans do (:P), when you take them off, your skin feels itchy due to having air rubbing against your body, whereas natursits get itchy with clothes on. So ive just confused you more :P

There is no real answer i suppose, got an itch, gota itch it :P
Quote by /-Vince-\
I'm wondering where does the itching comes from...You know, what does actually causes that feel on our skin? Is there any physiological explanation??
I always thought it was some little creatures that were biting us...lol

i dont really remember from where i got this but it is a natural psychological response the brain sends when there is something unusual on your skin so it "tells you to itch" to get rid of it, something like that
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
its actually a defense mechanism that our body has. The red and itchy feeling is actually an inflammation response that our body has when it has been "intruded" upon.
I dunno if it's been said, but it's most commonly caused by dead particles of skin on the epidermis and sometimes the dermis. By scratching, you remove these particles, soothing the itch.