Page 1 of 4
so let me start off by saying my dad and i dont get along at all.
AT ALL.

s anyway, about 2 months or so ago, my dad said i could finally buy my new amp that ive been saving up for (6505+)
he said i could buy it, then some family issues happened and i never got to.
so yesterday we went to GC, and i had a full intention of buying it.
when they dropped me off, i went straight in and started playing it.
so a few hours later, my mom calls me and tells me her and my dad got into a fight and hes not gonna let me buy it.

what a ****in douche bag.

what are some arguments i could use against my dad to convince him to let me get it.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Grow up you oily tick
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Why do you need permission to spend your own money? If you saved it yourself you deserve to buy whatever you want to.
Wait, so, you saved up the money and he won't let buy it because he got into a fight with your mother?

From what I understand, your Dad sounds like a spiteful douche bag.

I don't know, I guess just wait it out.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
thats exactly what i said!!
he says its not in my best interest to buy something that ive worked so hard for.
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Buy it anyway.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Harmonius
Grow up you oily tick

*none thread related*

Harmy! I miss your Koi Pond thread!
Quote by Thornography
You were in there for a few hours?

That's what I thought
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Thornography

LOL That was my first thought.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Quote by doctorcheeze200

he says its not in my best interest to buy something that ive worked so hard for.

Meh, he's just trying to get you to make better money decisions, like saving it for college or some other parental notion like that. Still doesn't change the fact that he should be able to give input, not the final decision.
Quote by Thornography

If that is the case, the the TS is a f*cking twat, and should have the amp inserted in his rectum.
Sideways.
If it's your money just buy it, it has nothing to do with him really.

But I think it's a bit mean to say that about your dad.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
You could tell him that you're a selfish bitch and that you don't care that he and his wife just had an argument.

If implication isn't enough, you could just come out and say that you don't care at all for their relationship or for their individual emotional needs and that you just wish they would buy you more stuff.
You could start by telling him, "sorry dad I know I'm an inconsiderate prick, I hope you can make up with mom."
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by denizenz
You could tell him that you're a selfish bitch and that you don't care that he and his wife just had an argument.

If implication isn't enough, you could just come out and say that you don't care at all for their relationship or for their individual emotional needs and that you just wish they would buy you more stuff.

+25
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by denizenz

How does his purchasing an amp have ANYTHING to do with an argument between his parents?

It's HIS money. They're not buying it for him. Troll.

To me, it sounds (now) like his Dad is trying to get him to make wiser financial decisions.

Explain to your Dad how an amp would help you improve your guitar playing, which could benefit you in the long run.

Also try explain how the amp (if properly maintained) can still have a significant resale value in the future.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Grow up you little prick.

Wait until your dad calms down and then buy it. Or if you already have the money, how the hell is he supposed to stop you from buying it?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'd suggest you start crying and cutting yourself...unless you already have.
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by dudetheman

Explain to your Dad how an amp would help you improve your guitar playing, which could benefit you in the long run.

May I ask you HOW THE HELL an amp can improve skills?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Actually, by re-reading it, it just sounds like your dad is in a really bad mood from fighting with your mother, which is COMPLETELY understandable. Wait a while till things blow over between them. I'm sure once they patch things up he'll go back to his original decision.

That is, unless they got in a fight because he decided he wouldn't let you buy it. Then you're up the creek...
Quote by denizenz

You're a complete dick, do you know that?

Its not his fault his parents had an argument and the fact that they did is no reason to take it out on TS and stop him from buying something that he clearly spend a lot of time saving up for. Just because you happen to not be a teenager and that you got some woman to marry you it does not mean you can go around insulting people when you have no reason whatsoever.
Quote by JeanMi36
May I ask you HOW THE HELL an amp can improve skills?

If you had to choose between two amps to improve your skills on, which would you choose, an all-tube sound-pushing beast tailored exactly to your specs, or a no-name $50 solid-state amp with broken knobs and a crackly input jack?

Assuming you have money for either one.

I guarantee you'd play a lot more on the boutique amp.

Quote by Tom_hatton

Its not his fault his parents had an argument and the fact that they did is no reason to take it out on TS and stop him from buying something that he clearly spend a lot of time saving up for. Just because you happen to not be a teenager and that you got some woman to marry you it does not mean you can go around insulting people when you have no reason whatsoever.

+1 and a 12 gold stars to you man.

I hate when people act like dicks for no better reason than that they can.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
yea they got into a fight because he decided he wasnt gonna let me buy it.
and im not a inconsiderite (sp?) prick.
ive been saving for it, and i was gonna buy it.
just he decides to not let me.

i was there for a few hours cuz they dropped me and my friend off on their way to a doctors appointment.
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by Thornography

I know this has been said but, yeah how long do you have to play the thing for christs sake
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by dudetheman
If you had to choose between two amps to improve your skills on, which would you choose, an all-tube sound-pushing beast tailored exactly to your specs, or a no-name $50 solid-state amp with broken knobs and a crackly input jack?

Assuming you have money for either one.

I guarantee you'd play a lot more on the boutique amp.

But the amp is not directly linked to the skill improvement. It is the work you put on your technique. Not the gear.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Tom_hatton

No, but the fact that he's on an internet forum does.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by MightyAl
That your affection is worthless and can be bought?

This.
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

yea they got into a fight because he decided he wasnt gonna let me buy it.
and im not a inconsiderite (sp?) prick.
ive been saving for it, and i was gonna buy it.
just he decides to not let me.

i was there for a few hours cuz they dropped me and my friend off on their way to a doctors appointment.

Let things cool off for a while, talk it out with your parents too. They will more than likely let you buy the amp eventually.

Originally Posted by denizenz

You love to be a complete prat dont you?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by wiggy1988
I know this has been said but, yeah how long do you have to play the thing for christs sake

Its a lot of money, you need to play the amp and get to know the characteristics and whatever before spending £900+.
Page 1 of 4