Sorry for the stupid question people, but I am just getting to know how the plexi amps work. I know that if you want to get distortion, you have to turn up the volume, but if you want cleans, will you then have to go to the amp and turn down the volume or something?

Thanks
Quote by UncleCthulhu
You can do it by turning down the volume of your guitar.

Yep, it works surprisingly well, and you don't lose too much volume from your amp either. Plexis are pretty responsive, you should be fine
nice amp by the way....what kind of plexi are you using.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Thanks for the replies everyone. Actually I haven't got a plexi. I'm going to get myself a Marshall Vintage Modern, which is supposed to be like a vintage Marshall in terms of tone and gain, but with modern features like an effects loop, master volume etc. I hope it works the same way you know with the guitar volume thing. Can anybody who has one confirm this?
It's a good valve amp so it will interact with the guitar well Valve amps clean up nicely at high volumes when you roll down the volume knob on your guitar.
I've heard the Vintage Moderns aren't that impressive, so make sure you try one before you buy.

And yeah, turning the guitar's volume down works wonders and helps you get all different kinds of dynamics.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
VM's=Blah.
For that price, you might as well go for an actual ceriatone plexi.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i have heard that the VM's are absolutely amazing, and i have heard that there horrible. ive never played one, but from sound clips they sound pretty great. try it out first.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yeah, definitely try one out first.
I didn't like it, but you may love it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, definitely try one out first.
I didn't like it, but you may love it.

When I skip past your avatar, I always see Hitler...

But the volume thing works, Jimmy Page used it, Ritchie Blackmore did, Michael Schenker, well, everyone from the 70s basiclly did! It also saves you from running half the stage just to change channel!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
When I skip past your avatar, I always see Hitler...

o'rly?

That's something i've never heard before
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
try it out first, 'cos i didn't much like the one i tried. the guitar volume knob trick works fine with it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by darkarbiter7
o'rly?

That's something i've never heard before

i always see hitler too, thats weird.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i always see hitler too, thats weird.

Huh... so now i'm the guy with the "hitler cat" avatar.

Cool!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Huh... so now i'm the guy with the "hitler cat" avatar.

Cool!

Adolph Kitler?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?