well its a bit rough, and i know it sounds like im mumbling but i was just improving on vox.. so know lyrics yet. this is a rough demo so ill get a knew one out with actual singing with lyrics. so just check it out and share your feedback pls .

its called "A True War Story"

just click the myspace link on my sig

remember C4C!

thnx
il write as i listen-intro is nice guitar wise, tone is a bit sharp-very twangy although this sorta works. COuld be great with a bit of tremolo on there (sounds like there is a bit actually) i like the drums although they could be recorded better. Im not going to touch the vocals as there are no words, melodies sound nice though when you get lyrics id love to hear them although i feel its unfair to crit vox if there is nothing. Progression is nice.

It sounds like it has alot of potential if it were recorded better. Sam goes for all of your stuff on the site, some cool songs. You seem to have a very dead kennedys thing goin on-i like

let me know when you get vox, but for now hmm 7/10?!?!

i think thats fair

crit mine?

its called-in the style on the front page somewhere

cheers

tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
sounds good, the folk style is fun...the guitar w/effects you use is a nice atmospheric touch
Your Signature:
Quote by justinrobbins7
sounds good, the folk style is fun...the guitar w/effects you use is a nice atmospheric touch

thnx man. i know what you mean i have a lot of fun playing/making folk music.
I kinda dig it. It kinda sounds like a Doors tune. Boost up the vox and stick some drums behind it and I think it can be a solid song.
Definitely needs to boost the vocals a bit, as well as fill them out or get some power behind them. I'll add to this post more as I hear more stuff, but I do like it, the vox are just the first thing I notice.
Quote by st.stephen
Definitely needs to boost the vocals a bit, as well as fill them out or get some power behind them. I'll add to this post more as I hear more stuff, but I do like it, the vox are just the first thing I notice.

thnx man hopefully tomorrow ill record a new version. @ im googley yea actually i was watching a tv program about the doors today hehe. i wanted to emulate how they used synthesizers and recorded a rhythm accoustic guitar behind it, except i replaced the synthesizers with the lead guitar . what a coincidence huh
it got almost more of a 'good the bad and the ugly' feel to it
the vocals are totally drowned out and the drums are verrry trebly
stated already, the guitar might sound nice with a bit of trem
i wish i knew what you were singing, so i could crit the lyrics too

c4c?
link to my bands in my sig
thnx yea my recording is pretty cheap.. just using an 8 pixel camera haha
Hey dude, critting as i listen. I love folk so im excited lol. I like the guitar intro, especially when the rhythm guitar comes in. I like reverb or delay whichever youre using, and im acutally soothed by the vocals haha. I know its just mumbling. I really think a better recording would put this thing over the top, it would be a very accesible tune. i really like it. i second a post above and think there should be more of an ending though haha. Nice man, get some lyrics for it :P

nick
crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14773132#post14773132
Quote by Nickm13
Hey dude, critting as i listen. I love folk so im excited lol. I like the guitar intro, especially when the rhythm guitar comes in. I like reverb or delay whichever youre using, and im acutally soothed by the vocals haha. I know its just mumbling. I really think a better recording would put this thing over the top, it would be a very accesible tune. i really like it. i second a post above and think there should be more of an ending though haha. Nice man, get some lyrics for it :P

nick
crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14773132#post14773132

hey thnx man in the proccess of writing lyrics so hopefully ill be recording soon
very good, a better quality recording would do wonders but its a fantasticaly written song... forgot to mention, Venice Beach Jam is the KIK ASS!
Last edited by -=Led_Hed=- at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
very good, a better quality recording would do wonders but its a fantasticaly written song... forgot to mention, Venice Beach Jam is the KIK ASS!

ty so much man im glad you like purple venice do you got anything for me to crit?