|----10--8--7---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------10--8--7--------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------10--9--7-------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------10--9--7------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------8--7--5--------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------8--7--5---------|

http://www.youtube.com/v/XyafE28f7ms
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Leat
|----10--8--7---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------10--8--7--------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------10--9--7-------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------10--9--7------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------8--7--5--------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------8--7--5---------|

http://www.youtube.com/v/XyafE28f7ms

its not a scale. (at least not a known/common one.... maybe you made it up)

the notes seem to be a combination of the E minor, A minor, and B minor blues scales.

I kinda see it like:

1st 2 strings: from E minor
3rd string: from B minor blues
4th string: from E minor
5th & 6th strings: from A minor

It looks like your just taking that one 3 note shape and moving it around.

something you made up? or something you found in a song and can't figure out?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMunky
its not a scale. (at least not a known/common one.... maybe you made it up)

the notes seem to be a combination of the E minor, A minor, and B minor blues scales.

I kinda see it like:

1st 2 strings: from E minor
3rd string: from B minor blues
4th string: from E minor
5th & 6th strings: from A minor

It looks like your just taking that one 3 note shape and moving it around.

something you made up? or something you found in a song and can't figure out?

Just did it out of the blue. So I was like "That sounds cool and odd."
I got some good guitars, yo.
It's not a scale. You play F down low and F# up high. A scale must repeat every note. You could play both F anf F# and call it some kind of weird 8-tone synthetic scale.

Other than that, it's a minor pentatonic scale with some chromatic additions.
Quote by Leat
Just did it out of the blue. So I was like "That sounds cool and odd."

I probably wouldn't consider it a scale, but rather combinations of scales that sound good together. anyway, it doesn't really matter as long as you can make music out of it
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
I probably wouldn't consider it a scale, but rather combinations of scales that sound good together. anyway, it doesn't really matter as long as you can make music out of it

+1. If you like it run with it regardless of what you'd call it. I'd consider that to be mostly in A minor with an F# added in, if you want my two cents.