I need a guitar for shreding, i was thinking ibanez, i want locking tremolo and i have a low budget, any ideas?
about 400 below, i was thinking about getting a 200-300 dollar ibanez then just putting in nice emgs when i get the money
If it has to be a locking tremolo, the only cheap guitar I can recommend is an Ibanez S320 (about 500$). Avoid Ibanez RG guitars below the prestige range, they have bad tremolos.
Quote by TheQuailman
If it has to be a locking tremolo, the only cheap guitar I can recommend is an Ibanez S320 (about 500$). Avoid Ibanez RG guitars below the prestige range, they have bad tremolos.

+1

s series is best value for money.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by wuffwuffwuffy
about 400 below, i was thinking about getting a 200-300 dollar ibanez then just putting in nice emgs when i get the money

You're best bet would be to get one like that, and swap out the tremolo.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
You can have a look at Jackson (pro series) and ESP Ltd guitars (400 range and above). However, those are even pricier than the Ibanez.
Anything cheaper is not reliable, so it's not worth it in the end.
Quote by wuffwuffwuffy
so if i get a ****ty ibanez, could i put on locking trem?

Swapping the tremolo will cost you another 150$ - 200$ for a decent one, so you don't save any money that way. Besides, more often than not, changing the trem is
a) impossible
or b) requires lot's of work on the guitar's body, moulding and whatnot. The chances of messing it up are high. So I'd stay away from that.

EDIT: If it comes to choosing between Jackson and Ibanez, I consider both equal. They offer good quality for the money. It's a matter of taste. I don't like the look of Jackson, so I'd go with an Ibanez, but if you're into radical shapes, you may find the Jackson more interesting. And as alsways: Just go into a store and try the guitars out to see what you like.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 12, 2008,
i really would like to get a http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG370DXGP-Electric-Guitar?sku=515739 but im also getting a amp to (this is all for my bday, i was suppose to get a car but we couldnt afford so i have to wate awhile and have to pay for some of my own bday present=/) im getting a classic 30, and want a guitar to shread on also. should have made this clear before lol
The tremolo on this guitar is horrible. It is made of cheap materials and will let you down shortly after buying it. Don't do it. Save up a little more and get a proper guitar, I've seen many people on this forum go the way you're heading, and in the end they were all regretting it.
In that case, your cheapest options are jacksons and Ltd's between 600$ and 700$. There is no point in buying a cheap RG, really.

Btw, how does it look much different than the RG you posted a link to?
when it comes to locking trems, you DO NOT want to cheap out, it will be a nightmare
hmm shredding on a classic 30, O.o.

+1 to the ibanez s320. Or look for a used RG550

edit: BTW i think you should first learn to spell guitar, before getting a new one
and i dont like the no fretmarker thing, iv never had a guitar like that, i suppose id have to get used to it, and does it come in any other color?
Yes it is, to give it an 'aerodynamic' look and reduce weight. The top is not sculpted like on a Les Paus or something though. It looks better real than on the photo though, just like any guitar.
Quote by Ghold125
hmm shredding on a classic 30, O.o.

+1 to the ibanez s320. Or look for a used RG550

edit: BTW i think you should first learn to spell guitar, before getting a new one

I put geetar on purpose =D
Nope, black is the only colour. You can get the S470 (same guitar except it's got an additional pickup) which comes in a bright blue.
It has the dots on the side of the fretboard at least, but I see your problem with the markers. If threre's really so much that bothers you about it, better leave it be and get another guitar once you have a little more cash.
Quote by TheQuailman
Swapping the tremolo will cost you another 150$ - 200$ for a decent one, so you don't save any money that way. Besides, more often than not, changing the trem is
a) impossible
or b) requires lot's of work on the guitar's body, moulding and whatnot. The chances of messing it up are high. So I'd stay away from that.

Actually, all Ibanez's with Edge 3s (All Cheap RG's) can be swapped out with an OFR, without any routing. The Edge 3 is based o ff of the Edge which is based off the OFR.
Right, I remember seeing this on some site. Thanks. But aynway, it's still expensive to buy an OFR, so I wouldn't recommend doing so.
Quote by TheQuailman
Right, I remember seeing this on some site. Thanks. But aynway, it's still expensive to buy an OFR, so I wouldn't recommend doing so.

Yeah, it works though.

I fell in love with the neck on my RG370, so it was worth it for me.
Quote by TheQuailman
The tremolo on this guitar is horrible. It is made of cheap materials and will let you down shortly after buying it. Don't do it. Save up a little more and get a proper guitar, I've seen many people on this forum go the way you're heading, and in the end they were all regretting it.

theres nothing wrong with an edge III... my gutiar has one and it stays in perfect tune even by pushing the tremolo ALL THE WAY DOWN OR PULLING UP. it is true only if you dont know how to set it up properly. just because its not a floyd doesnt mean it sucks balls
ƒuck your nuts
Could you put a trem on a LP-type guitar? That would be amazing
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.