i am going to america in a couple of months, and seeing as prices there are much cheaper than here in england, i may buy a guitar, and later on maybe an amplifier. currently i have an american strat and a 50w marshall. i play different types of heavy metal generally, and am looking for an appropriate amp. i have decided on the dean explosion razorback for a guitar, so here are a few questions if anyone can help:

1. will the pickups on the DR be high quality, or will i be better off replacing them

2. i have been told that the B-52 AT-100 100W tube amp is a great amp for heavy metal, but as i am buying it in america, i would need to have adjustable wattage as the mains watts here in england are different to america, as are the plugs (i think). does the B-52 AT-100 100W tube amp have adjustable wattage? http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-100-AT-412-100W-Tube-Guitar-Half-Stack-481188-i1320777.gc

3. anyone know of any other high quality heavy metal amps that are around the same price and 100w that have adjustable wattage?

cheers
1. Dimebuckers are considered to be pretty terrible...
2. IDK
3. IDK

I really posted because I was wondering, don't all those crazy import taxes you'll have to pay negate any savings you get by buying something in the US?
For it's price range B-52 definitely owns. If by adjustable wattage you mean like a built-in attenuater, it does not. But the Krank Rev Junior has a lot less watts (20 to be exact) but is still ear-blowing loud. And it's also an awesome metal amp.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
^ He means adjustable wattage as in he needs to be able to plug it into a UK electrical socket and not get electrocuted...

EDIT: Crap, what a lame 1,000th post...
i think theres some kind of adapter you have to buy to use that amp in england. what is it, we have 120 outlets, and you guys have 220 or something. i dont remember. but i doubt the amp has a choice of which one it can operate on. i dont know though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
about the taxes, im pretty sure it costs more to post something like that to you than it does to travel with it

and yeah i mean adjustable so that i can use it here in england. is there some kind of adapter i can get?

also, if i changed the pickups on the DR, anyone have any good suggestions?
Quote by Random3
about the taxes, im pretty sure it costs more to post something like that to you than it does to travel with it

and yeah i mean adjustable so that i can use it here in england. is there some kind of adapter i can get?

also, if i changed the pickups on the DR, anyone have any good suggestions?

Taxes have nothing to do with posting - if you import something you pay 17.5% VAT and import duty on it, simple as.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com