this is an update to my thread i posted a few weeks ago here.

well i ordered a gold OFR from warmoth (which is lucky too cause apparently theyre really hard to find in gold nowadays) and put it in, and gave it a fret leveling. The guitar now stays in tune perfectly, plays great, and sounds great! i may replace the tuners someday though, but they havent posed a problem as of yet
You may as well have bought the real thing with all this swapping pal. Was the fake $600?
Yo Homes, To Belair
i paid 500, and another 200 for the bridge, nowhere near the price of a real one
Hello again, enjoying your crappy piece of plywood I see

PS: Please change your sig, you don't have an Ibanez Jem7v
im 100% is is actual wood, most likely alder from what i can see, and whats the point of buying a fake if not to fool people?
the guitar i was going to buy before this was about 1200, so far i have spent 700 and is just as good as a prestige, not as good as a real jem likely though
You said in your other thread that you didn't care about the name on a guitar anyways. Why bother buying a fake brand name one then when you could've probably got a cheaper brand and just as good of a guitar--and supported a real company, and maybe had a warranty...and avoided the stigma.
Why not just let him buy what he wants, and if he's happy with it be glad for him. Everyone has to be a jerk these days...
Quote by Gabriel Tanaka
Why not just let him buy what he wants, and if he's happy with it be glad for him. Everyone has to be a jerk these days...

Yea, what's up with everyone being a dick? I'm glad you are happy Wylde14, good on you
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Quote by UncleCthulhu
PS: Please change your sig, you don't have an Ibanez Jem7v

I actually agree with this. If you like the guitar that's fine, but lying about what it really is makes you look like a complete tool.
Quote by TheProducer
You said in your other thread that you didn't care about the name on a guitar anyways. Why bother buying a fake brand name one then when you could've probably got a cheaper brand and just as good of a guitar--and supported a real company, and maybe had a warranty...and avoided the stigma.

other guitars dont look as good as the Jem do, in my opinion at least, with the minimal fixing up that had to be done it was still well worth it...

also, guy above me, you raise a valid point... but its not like im denying its un-authenticity

EDIT: there better?
Last edited by Wylde14 at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by Wylde14
whats the point of buying a fake if not to fool people?

The point is you dont buy a fake guitar, their fake because the manufacturer wants to fool you into buying it, and yet you have bought it knowing its fake, and now your trying to pass it off to people as if its real...

I think its stupid to buy a fake, yes jems are great, but I would only buy one knowing I'm getting the real thing because even though they're expensive, a whole lot more work has gone into them to make them play great.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
The point is you dont buy a fake guitar, their fake because the manufacturer wants to fool you into buying it, and yet you have bought it knowing its fake, and now your trying to pass it off to people as if its real...

I think its stupid to buy a fake, yes jems are great, but I would only buy one knowing I'm getting the real thing because even though they're expensive, a whole lot more work has gone into them to make them play great.

i see you didnt read my last post at all, first of all this is a forum i dont really care if they think i have a real jem or not, ill never meet them to have them prove me wrong, secondly if i was trying to trick people into thinking i had a real jem, this thread was a retarded idea want it?
Quote by Absent Mind

Hey lay off. Just because it is a fake it doesn't mean it can't still be a great guitar. There is no need to be a pompous jackass about it.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

Quote by Wylde14
fake =/= crap
fake = usually crap but sometimes you get lucky

And let us not forget that people have been sued for making fakes that are better than originals. All this hate is so unnecessary
Quote by Gummy Balls

Quote by Wylde14
yeah, just like Ibanez did with gibson

Actually that was over the shape of the headstock, but my point still stands
Quote by Gummy Balls

oh haha, well i know ibanez used to make les paul copys that were great and cheap, gibson didnt like that at all
actually i think thats a real one that someone modded, the inlays are a tiny bit different on fakes (mine at least), theyre a bit more rounded off than pointy, and that one has pointy leaves
Yea not anymore, this JEM left the factory in 2001. I believe they stopped doing custom JEMs after that or in 2003 or something...
It's mine, I haven't changed it since I got it from an endorsee who got it from the custom shop years ago. He ordered it with gold pickup covers and holographic inlays. Theres probably other things different about it from a normal 7VWH, but I don't own another one so I don't know.