so i took my amp, (VK 112) and my ipod, a cable, and a 1/4in to 1/8 converter. I pluged it all up and ran it into the front imput on my amp, and using the clean channel. it works fine, but I am wondering if this is damaging my amp or my ipod?
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
dont think so, just your tubes will wear out faster, being constantly hot

this sounds better with a bass amp IMO
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
dude, i think yuo just broke your amp. for real. i mean, the capacitors can only take as much as the tubes put out, and if you're running an ipod into your amp, that's waaaaaaaaaay more wattage than the cathodes in your tubes are meant to handle.
I can imagine it being bad. Tube amps aren't designed for CD/MP3 input, hence no specific CD/MP3 input

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by guitarman216
dude, i think yuo just broke your amp. for real. i mean, the capacitors can only take as much as the tubes put out, and if you're running an ipod into your amp, that's waaaaaaaaaay more wattage than the cathodes in your tubes are meant to handle.

quiet you
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
well i stopped using it, and it still works with my schecter, so I hope I'm ok. Next time I'll do it with my old ss amp.
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
Quote by guitarman216

...yeah.

I think it should be ok, only things that come to mind are input impedance, preamp overload (if the signal is not distorting you should be ok I think, just keep the Ipod volume low) and speaker breaking (if you run it at low(ish) volumes I think you'll be ok. Hell, I think you can't break the speaker like that anyway).

But this is all just guessing.

...Ipod high wattage? You high or troll?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama

...Ipod high wattage? You high or troll?

I was wondering the same thing......
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
Quote by T!AN
At first I thought this about storing your amp on its side...
Me too. I need to try running the ipod through my da5 and see what that is like. I believe you can do that while playing. I wouldn't try it on a tube amp tho..
wow that looks amazing...

anyway, id use a little ss amp for ipod. thats what i do actually and it sounds fine. using the valveking will just wear down the tubes. id rather wear them down with a guitar more than an ipod haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by guitarman216

Hey your Duncan from Harmony Central amp forum. Why do you have to ruin peoples threads?

Hey everyone he is a troll he likes to troll peoples forums search his name on Harmony Central
Quote by end_citizen
^- Um, why did you re-hash a dying thread from June to rat out a troll?

sorry didn't see the date