I'm not sure what amps he used/uses now but his left hand is a huge part of his tone. He's got a very percussive attack.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Jun 12, 2008,
Scott Reeder used Rickenbackers until 1995 then used Ibanez ATK. As for amps he uses Mesa heads and 810 cabs. No effects. Boosted bass and mids.

As for techniques he plays very hard right over the end of the neck (see the Bizarre videos) basically like Geezer Butler.

Oh, and he doesn't wear shoes. That's got to have an effect on your tone.
Last edited by smb at Jun 12, 2008,

See how he plays over the end of the fingerboard
No problems...always happy to talk about Reeder.

If people haven't heard it - Ten East sound like they'll be good. Members of Kyuss/Yawning Man with Greg Ginn from Black Flag which they describe as "Black Sabbath gone surfing"
Scott Reeder's a beast!!!!! Love his style, that barefooted, upside down string playin mothashutyermouthTaco!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Now I've finally gotten round to listening to Kyuss... I am liking Blues for the Red Sun
That's not Scott Reeder though...that's Nick Oliveri
Oliveri's awesome too. Gotta get Welcome to Sky Valley and the Circus leaves town to hear Reeder.

SMB, i'm listening to Ten east right now. Pretty rad, thanks for the link!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Probably why I find the bass tone acceptable as it isn't a ric, then
Listen to Sky Valley and Circus and you'll take that back. Oliveri is good, but Reeder is just amazing.
Quote by Sly Taco
SMB, i'm listening to Ten east right now. Pretty rad, thanks for the link!
Glad someone likes 'em.