Don't know what this thread is for. I just felt like something should be said.

Last night a tornado ripped through my town Manhattan, KS. You may have seen tornado damage on TV or the news; but there is absolutely nothing as heart-wrenching as driving through a neighborhood and seeing stacks of wood and glass that used to be the homes of friends and neighbors. There's nothing as surreal as picking up your yard and finding a family portrait of a family you've never seen before, or finding baby clothes in your tree.

You come over a hill and the scene you're used to seeing doesn't meet you; instead, you come face to face with upturned cars, twisted pieces of metal, empty home foundations. A two-by-four sticking out of a lone wall; a basketball goal split in half.

And you see Salvation Army and Fema trailors, and you see lines of cars that carried people you've never met before to a neighborhood they've never been to before. You're driving by a mass of people helping other people, you hear someone say 'thank you'. You finish scraping together what's left of your house, and then walk across the street and start picking up what used to be your neighbor's.

You thought that genuine kindness was a myth. You were wrong.

-5/4
Sorry to hear that bro.
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job and then I found a job

But heaven knows I'm miserable now
Alrighty.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I've seen a tornadoe ripping a house apart across the street. It completely missed my house. We helped our neighbors rebuild a lot of their house.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
I'm sorry to hear about that, man. I don't know what I would do if that sh*t happened to me.

Are you staying with family?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Sorry to hear that man. That must have been awful.

One thing I'd like to say though. Why do you keep making your houses out of wood in America? It's kinda asking for trouble if a tornado comes. (I don't mean to sound like a d**khead or anything)
Sorry to hear man, hope all goes well for you
Watch out for the zombies though, they'll be due any day now
ohai little sig.
If I was rich and famous, you can be sure that I would be the first to lend your town my moneez.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Black__Dog

One thing I'd like to say though. Why do you keep making your houses out of wood in America? It's kinda asking for trouble if a tornado comes. (I don't mean to sound like a d**khead or anything)

what exactly do you have in mind that is tornado proof?
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by tremeloud
If I was rich and famous, you can be sure that I would be the first to lend your town my moneez.

Me too, sorry bro.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Black__Dog

It's a cheap and easy building material to work with. Though, most homes around here are a mixture of brick and wood.

You may live in a European city, where it's more practical to build with steel, concrete, and brick. In Middle America, wood is the more practical building material.
Wow man that sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that. A tornado came through my town, but it wasn't really THAT bad. Mostly a lot of trees and electrical poles down and stuff thrown around yards. I think there was only one man that died because a tree fell on his house. I guess we got pretty lucky.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by TrUe MeTaL FaN
hes' right theyre coming

They wait until all of our massive head-removing shotguns have been blown away in the storm.

Who says zombies don't have smarts?
Quote by NOtrab
what exactly do you have in mind that is tornado proof?

when i lived in a military base in japan, everything was concrete, so everything was typhoon proof. which would also make everything tornado proof if any happened to come across japan... so i've lived through dozens of typhoons. wood is just cheaper.
Quote by cloud041089
when i lived in a military base in japan, everything was concrete, so everything was typhoon proof. which would also make everything tornado proof if any happened to come across japan... so i've lived through dozens of typhoons. wood is just cheaper.

Concrete is also quite unpleasing aesthetically.
Quote by 5/4

you're right, so if i join the airforce and move back to typhoon land i will build my own, weak wooden house to live in
Quote by alaskan_ninja
lol u said tornado

Sorry. I'm such an evil person ...

I'm sorry, I don't get it?
Quote by 5/4
It's a cheap and easy building material to work with. Though, most homes around here are a mixture of brick and wood.

You may live in a European city, where it's more practical to build with steel, concrete, and brick. In Middle America, wood is the more practical building material.

How come you don't build it out of concrete then? Why bother building it out of something that will probably get blown down by another tornado, just build something sturdy and lastable.

Quote by 5/4

So are wind farms but they do the job a whole lot better than the traditional way.
Do you care more about having a home or more about having a good looking pile of wood that used to be a home?

I'm not trying to sound harsh, I'm really really not. I know people who have been hit by tornadoes and have lost everything. But surely you knew about this? I've heard there having been some causing havoc across the USA, so why not prepare? You must have known too. Move and get your valuables and go somewhere safe? Better yet, move somewhere there aren't huge risks like this. Or at the very least, prepare so this never ever happens again.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by 5/4
I'm sorry, I don't get it?

You said "Tornados are no joke."

It was stupid, I know.
kill all humans
Everything's hilarious 'till it happens to you.

It's practically the golden rule.

None of that "Do unto others... etc." bull****.
Quote by BlackLuster
How come you don't build it out of concrete then? Why bother building it out of something that will probably get blown down by another tornado, just build something sturdy and lastable.

it's been stated twice that it's cheaper to build houses out of weak shit wood. i think we all agree that america should try to use more bricks, steel and/or concrete around tornado alley and where hurricanes hit.

Quote by BlackLuster
Better yet, move somewhere there aren't huge risks like this. Or at the very least, prepare so this never ever happens again.

west coast - earthquakes
midwest - tornadoes
southeast - hurricanes
new york - astroids?
Quote by cloud041089

west coast - earthquakes
midwest - tornadoes
southeast - hurricanes
new york - astroids?

No, you run a strong risk of severe asshole's in New York.

(I'm originally from Boston, Mass.)
Here in NY, where I live we get HORRIBLE amounts of snow. We also get lake effect snow which is impossible to drive in. The ice coats around power lines and takes them down.

And in the middle of the winter you lose power but you need to keep your house warm. We have it as bad as you other regions do.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.