try em out and decide for yourself!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
try em out and decide for yourself!

I live in the sticks. No one carries them around here.
You know, I'd like to know too. I've been looking into some OD pedals for awhile now...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I've tried a modded ds-1, sd-1, fabtone, and digitech tube driver. the digitech was the best so far. Except it sounds microphonic when the battery is gonna die. But it gives you the most different tones.
Well the Maxon is kind of a one trick pony, so if you want variety it's not really any good but if you do want a really good low-gain pedal that can be used as a clean boost it's a damn good choice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yes the Maxon is worth it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well the Maxon is kind of a one trick pony, so if you want variety it's not really any good but if you do want a really good low-gain pedal that can be used as a clean boost it's a damn good choice.

I only used on setting though, for boosting. And one for a stones type sound.
Quote by KaptainKangeru
I only used on setting though, for boosting. And one for a stones type sound.

If that's all you want it for it's a damn good choice; it added very musical gain to my sound.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The byoc overdrive is the best for the price. You have to build it yourself though, but you get boutique quality for half the price. It's actually a copy of a ts808, but the maxon is almost the same thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Check out the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET too!

It's based of the classic Tubescreamer design. It has OD characterstics very similar. However, it's much more controllable! To start wiht, you don't get the bottom cut that the Tubescreamers are promn to doing. Also when increasing the tone knob, you won't lose bottom end. Also I like the fact that you can bump down the mids in the flat mids mode, it you don't want a mid boost. The boost in the pedal is also VERY VERY VERY good!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Check out the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET too!

It's based of the classic Tubescreamer design. It has OD characterstics very similar. However, it's much more controllable! To start wiht, you don't get the bottom cut that the Tubescreamers are promn to doing. Also when increasing the tone knob, you won't lose bottom end. Also I like the fact that you can bump down the mids in the flat mids mode, it you don't want a mid boost. The boost in the pedal is also VERY VERY VERY good!

so it just basically just gives you more gain? kinda like the boosta grande from BBE
The Fulldrive itself or booster?

Well the Fulldrive is an overdrive pedal, which yes, gives you more gain. But not like a booster, like say the Boosta Grande. The Fulldrive is an overdrive pedal. However it's got a boost section too, which you can activate to up the gain a bit on the pedal.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
The Fulldrive itself or booster?

Well the Fulldrive is an overdrive pedal, which yes, gives you more gain. But not like a booster, like say the Boosta Grande. The Fulldrive is an overdrive pedal. However it's got a boost section too, which you can activate to up the gain a bit on the pedal.

Yeah but boosting just overdrives the signal unless set differently correctly. Either way giving it more gain Correct?
Make sure to try both the 808 and OD9 from maxon before you get either.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
^ Buildyourownclone.com

They send extra parts for mods you can do to it as well. They also send a line booster to so you can practice and see if you're even capable of putting one together.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Caseyman
Make sure to try both the 808 and OD9 from maxon before you get either.

I've tried the one with the turbo and hot modes. ts9x I think.
Quote by KaptainKangeru
I've tried the one with the turbo and hot modes. ts9x I think.

The one with 4 knobs??

I've never tried it. I've owned a few OD pedals though: SD-1, Wylde OD, Bad Monkey, Fulltone fulldrive, Ibanez TS808 reissue and the Maxon OD808 is still my fav.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
Quote by Caseyman
The one with 4 knobs??

I've never tried it. I've owned a few OD pedals though: SD-1, Wylde OD, Bad Monkey, Fulltone fulldrive, Ibanez TS808 reissue and the Maxon OD808 is still my fav.

Yeah its kind of fizzy.
if ur putting the maxon over already distorted channel, maxon beats TS
if ur putting the maxon over a clean channel, maxon beats TS get maxon, if u buy a TS 10 (original) it will sound the exact same as a maxon od808 because maxon made the TS's for ibanez no matter what get maxon over TS and YES its worth the money (espicialy ur amps already heavy and u put the settings to drive 0 tone w.e and level 10 it will make ur amp tighter then a nuns vigiana)