Thing is I might be going to a rehearsal studio soon that I can't get my own gear (apart from my guitar and pedals) to, so I'm going to be using theirs. The band is a metal band and I checked the studio's website and that appears to be the only amp they have for hire.

The equipment I have available to me while there will be my guitar, a Maxon OD808, a BBE Boosta Grande and/or a separate distortion pedal (line6) if the Marshall alone won't cut it.

So just one simple question: is it possible to get a Marshall 6101 to do metal?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
They won't let you use your own amp?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yes it's certanly is!

However, just ask if you can get to bring your own amp?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
It's not that simple; the studio is about a half hour train ride so obviously I can't go taking a quarter stack and a combo on the train. It's not that they won't let me it's just physically impossible.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if you have some nice friends then maybe they can help you carry it? haha. if not, maybe try to bring just the head you have. you could use a cab at the studio?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
if you have some nice friends then maybe they can help you carry it? haha. if not, maybe try to bring just the head you have. you could use a cab at the studio?

Well seeing as how they have a perfectly good british voiced amp there I'm not sure there'd be much point going to all that effort when I can just take my guitar and effects

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.