there are some threads with a similar gist to this, but dont have quite the same question . . . .

without using a fishman bridge or some such (piezo or whatever) how would you get an acousticy tone from an electric (ive tried using an acoustic simulator - it isn't what im looking for, nor is clean - it just sounds like a clean electric) .

i was going to get a semi hollow, but to be honest whenever i hear people playing them, they just sound like any other electric to me. my bm is also semi acoustic (dort of), but has no sound holes.

i was thinking though, maybe a semi hollow with really thick strings (like 11's?) would that get me near do you think - my local guitar shop wont let me change the strings on their stock guitars.
Semi-hollows with thick strings work, and if you're playing amped, try rolling the tone and volume knobs back a bit.

EDIT: Get this amp: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE (roland cube 60)
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Last edited by firebreath07 at Jun 12, 2008,
why not use an acoustic if your going through the trouble of putting 11's on a semi hollow?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
11's thick? wtf? ive got 12s and 13s on my electrics dudes. my semi-hollow with 12's sounds almost acoustic, but you can never quite have an acoustic sound unless your actually playing acoustic. something about where the sound resonates itself from creates the tone
the best solutions are A. use an acoustic, or B. piezo. I know you said you don't want a piezo, but thats the closest sound I have ever heard.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Roybordom
11's thick? wtf? ive got 12s and 13s on my electrics dudes. my semi-hollow with 12's sounds almost acoustic, but you can never quite have an acoustic sound unless your actually playing acoustic. something about where the sound resonates itself from creates the tone

same, I was like what the heck 11s thick?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
try lowering the volume on the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the boss acoustic simulator pedal works really really good imo
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
You don't want a piezo bridge, and you don't think an acoustic simulator is close enough. Sounds like you really need to get an acoustic guitar. I have had 11s on my semihollowbody, and I will say it did not sound like an acoustic. Maybe try a hollowbody, but then again, if you're getting all the feedback and worries of a hollowbody anyway, you might as well just get an acoustic electric guitar. Seems like the obvious choice for you.