ok im going down to billy hyde store www.BillyHydeMusic.com.au to buy a bass amp in a few hours.

im not really sure what to get and i dont know my price range because my parents are buying it and whenever i ask them whats the price range they dont give me a solid answer. anyways i can probably squeeze quite a bit of money out of them.

i need an amp for playing in my band which consists of a guitarist (who wants to be louder than me) a drummer and a singer. the only bass amp iv considered is the fender bassman and thats it.

i have a fender standard p-bass and our band mostly plays rhcp stuff

any suggestions of wat to get? try to stay under $1000AU

thanks in advance
from your store, the names to look for are, Ampeg, Ashdown, Genz Benz, Hartke, and SWR.
i like Fender Bassman amps, but i don't like the Rumble series. try to get an amp that has at least one 15" speaker, or if you choose, 10 and/or 12 inch speakers in multiples of two, or more. try to get at least 150watts, more would be better. be aware, the salesperson will lead you to the amps, that pay the best commission.
the Crate amps aren't terrible, but not in my top choice list. for the money, the Ashdowns look good. and regardless of the temptation, avoid Berhinger.
i dont like billy hyde

if you live in Melbourne, the bass center has some good ****
like Nemesis N15SE. 120 watt watt combo, 15' speaker, $599

but also take a look on ebay you can get better stuff cheaper second hand
ok im back and i bought a ashdown mag for $700 they were having a mid-year clearance

how are they?
well they guy said it was really good and i did post this thread like 3hrs before i left and i didnt get a response

then when i went there he showed me ashdown mag, and i had heard the name before on this forum and i thought it must be alright, and i like it

anyway how is it?
Why did you go to Billy Hyde, probably the most expensive place in Australia. If you're a perthie you should have dragged your arse down to Kosmic Sound in Cannington, they have a way better deal, and all the staff know their stuff.
well i live in melbourne besides they were having a mid-year clearance this weekend and thats why i went and bought an amp

by the way can i have an opinion on the ashdown mag300 combo i think its called plz?
lol thanks lespaulstudio
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
i love my ashdown eb 15-180... its a beast and has great tone. my next amp will be another ashdown for sure. i concour you did fine
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
However, to offer an opposing view, I am not a fan of Ashdown. Their tone is simply not for me. It would probably have been better to have tried it, come home and get opinions, then gone and tried it again, then got it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
oh well **** happens

im pretty happy with it anyway

thanks for your opinion though
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by gm jack
However, to offer an opposing view, I am not a fan of Ashdown. Their tone is simply not for me. It would probably have been better to have tried it, come home and get opinions, then gone and tried it again, then got it.

yeah its tone can be somewhat sterile, but i find with the bass boosted a decent bit a slight boost on the low mids and a tiny boost on the trebs i get a nice round tone that still has lots of life. its all subjective
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
Quote by HisShortness
yeah its tone can be somewhat sterile, but i find with the bass boosted a decent bit a slight boost on the low mids and a tiny boost on the trebs i get a nice round tone that still has lots of life. its all subjective

Exactly. I know they sound pretty good. It is just not a tone I want , if you get me.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1