Ok well I just started a band, we are gunno do a variety of hard rock songs. I have a question about chad kroeger and dave ghrol sing with that much edge? Do they strain their voices? if they do how is it undamaged?
Its like the gain control you have on your amp, cept they push the gain on their vocal chords to like 11

Thats my simplified explanation anyway
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by Eddy372
Its like the gain control you have on your amp, cept they push the gain on their vocal chords to like 11

Thats my simplified explanation anyway

which nipple is gain? left or right?

(+1 for eddy)
Quote by Superstrat101
which nipple is gain? left or right?

(+1 for eddy)

Differs from person to person. My bellybutton acts as a volume boost

Edit: In all seriousness TS, I do not know, since I cannot growl very good. Whenever I try to drive my voice it sounds really crappy and thin. Think of a Marshall MG with a Metal Muff with all the nobs on max. Yeah, its that bad

I guess some people are natrually better at driving their voice.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Last edited by Eddy372 at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by Eddy372
Differs from person to person. My bellybutton acts as a volume boost

For yelling out Kamehameha, amirite?
Quote by thisismyacc
well do strain their throats?

im pretty sure. I think I've heard that both take after James Hetfield from metallica so they'd be straining their voices to try and come closer to his. Not too much of course, if it starts to hurt stop immediatley

(James blew his out like 17 years ago, that sounds like strain to me)
Quote by thisismyacc
how do they not hurt themselves?

Like I said, some people are natrually better at that sort of thing. Plus, they may actually be in a slight bit of pain, but to the point where they can bear it. It really is all subjective from person to person.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Quote by thisismyacc
how do they not hurt themselves?

not killing themselves 24-7 i guess. I try singing too but I usually stop before I start going hoarse or my voice gets weak.

I think theres tips on the singing thread in the "ONLY VOCAL/SINGTHREAD" (BS?) in the Musician Talk forum (on this site)

Click for thread!
Basicly, it's shouting but intune with a song. You have to really push your voice, I can sort of it, but it really hurts after a song or so. If your gonna' practice/start to learn how I suggest drinking a lot of water to keep your throat from going dry and hurting too much.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲