Anyone know what pedal he used? I know he played out of a JCM 800 which has only a clean channel.
Quote by Briddell
Anyone know what pedal he used? I know he played out of a JCM 800 which has only a clean channel.

turn it up.

lots.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
you don't need a distortion pedal to get distortion. distortion pedals are based off the sound you get when you turn up a tube amp alot. the JCM 800 uses a volume knob in conjunction with a master volume knob so you can turn up the regular volume knob to distort the tubes but then turn down the master volume so you can get the distorted sound at a lower level.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i heard he plugged straight into the search bar

come on! slash_rocks2005 made a huge thread about getting the slash sound less than a week ago - it has what gear to get and what techniques. there is no pedal he uses, it is just a cranked Marshall 1959SLP (modded) on appetite, and a cranked silver jubilee/slash sig on the rest - live for VR he uses the MXR/Custom audio overdrive (MC402) but his tone cannot be attributed to this whatsoever - this is used as a boost when playing smaller venues

watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUKtl9SgUM
yeah thats the thread i was on about, cheers T!AN

That thread (or a refined less abusive version) should get a sticky - so many people ask about the slash tone.

I wont give it the "its in the fingers" cos the TS only wanted to know about the overdrive, which is fair enough.... but still...
JCM800 turned up until you cant hear your mom screaming to turn it down
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
someone link him to the slash tone thread..
edit: already been done
he only used the JCM for cleans and crap.
Search Bar is great for looking for this stuff +1M

or google, yahoo, hc, ug, blah ba blah

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880223&highlight=slash+tone

i would read first and last post and then gravitate accordingly. ps - i love slash
Quote by druz15_UG
JCM800 turned up until you cant hear your mom screaming to turn it down

exactly that