Title says it all.

Buddy of mine said that the only thing with ordering from Musician's Friend is that your product always comes in at least a little damaged. Any truth to that? Planning on getting an ESP MH-1000 and Peavy Valveking 112 Combo Amp. I don't want them to come damaged lol.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
No, I've bought stuff from them.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
If it comes in a little damaged, then I would suspect it's the delivery carrier's fault, not Musician's Friend.
It's the shipping companies that damage things.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
No, but it is getting mailed to you.. if it's damaged it isn't Musicians Friend's fault.. it's just the stupid postal service.

I've ordered plenty of stuff off there, never had a problem.
Musicians Friend is good. Ive ordered a guitar and an amp off there along with numerous pedals.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
I bought a Squier Telecaster from MF. At least I think it was MF. That was a long time ago. But I never had any problems with MF.
Dangit I guess I'm taking my local post office's delivery service for a test drive. Hopefully they don't mess with my gear.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
musicians friend is fine
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Musician's friend send me a turtle instead of a dog. A musician's friend is not a turtle. What the hell can a turtle do? It can't sing/howl like a dog. ****ing morons.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
Quote by SovietSpartan
Musician's friend send me a turtle instead of a dog. A musician's friend is not a turtle. What the hell can a turtle do? It can't sing/howl like a dog. ****ing morons.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I love musicians friend, they've got a nice selection and decent shipment rates. I bought an epiphone from them and it arrived fine, not even the corners of the box where dented...
MY STUFF

Epiphone Les Paul Standard-Ebony
Silvertone 10 wt Amp
Digitech RP50

Quote by AmonMortem
This is the Internet. Men are men, and girls are FBI agents in disguise.

Member #19 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
i got a small package from musicians friend today, nothing damaged, quick shipping, no worries
I bought an acoustic guitar from them and have they sent it to Venezuela, and the guitar was intact when arrived.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I've spent entirely too much money at MF. Maybe they are a bit evil for pulling me away from local shops, but they know how to do good business. Anytime a produce has been damaged from shipping, or isn't what I expect, I just send it back for free, and they're happy to exchange it or give me my money back... this sounds like an ad, but I really like their customer service--plus I live two states away from a main warehouse so I always get free 3-4 day shipping in 2 days!
Ive ordered a guitar and know a friend that also had his guitar playable
straight out of the box.

Once I had an order miss the belt and it was late. I called them and they
knocked off the shipping and they were real cool. I just like the fact that
they dont lie.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Can you get insurance, incase something did get damaged? Or will MF take the damaged item back for a refund/replacement?
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Can you get insurance, incase something did get damaged? Or will MF take the damaged item back for a refund/replacement?

Not only will they replace or refund for damaged items they will replace or refund if you just don't like the gear for up to 45 days.

My local music stores only carry off brand guitars at Fender and Gibson prices so all of my gear has been bought online, mostly from MF and the only problem I ever had was my Rev Jr arrived DOA I called and they sent me a shipping label to return it and within a week the replacement one arrived.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Buddy of mine said that the only thing with ordering from Musician's Friend is that your product always comes in at least a little damaged. Any truth to that?

Not in my experience, but mine is not the same as the next guy's. They are obsessively careful about packing your expensive junk so it doesn't get messed up. I bought a banjo from them a couple of years ago and the padding was more than redundant; the redundancy was redundant. I wouldn't sweat it as long as they keep shipping USP; make that kind of bet with the post office and you can be sure the only rule they have for handling packages is "Chuck the heavy stuff underhand; heave the light packages as far as you can".

Just be sure your order says the number of units you want before you submit the order. Their website tends to have a mind of its own when it comes to cancelling or adjusting an order. You may end up receiving and being billed for two or three guitars when you think you have ordered only one.