I have a peavey classic 50, and ESP MH-400 and a boss metal core pedal, and I was wondering what settings I should use or what I should do to get a sound like Kirk on Master of Puppets(the song). Any help would be great. I've searched around but everything I found involved marshalls or mesas and didn't really help me.
cut the mids back a little bit
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
It would be near impossible to get the same sound without the same amps used for the original recording. They spent a while positioning amp mics to get the sound that they did.
Quote by bi-ah!
cut the mids back a little bit

If he wants Kirk's tone he would want to crank his mids a tad higher to cut through the mix.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by Eddy372
If he wants Kirk's tone he would want to crank his mids a tad higher to cut through the mix.

i stand corrected then i guess
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.