Behringer V-Tone GMX 1200H head?

B-52 LS-100 Head?

Fender FM100H head?

Another Question,
Which head would you match up with a cab?

Behringer Ultrastack BG412H Cab?

Ibanez IS412C Cab?

Vox Valvetronix V412BK Cab?

I like to play metal, as in Kill 'Em All Metallica metal. I need lots of gain to get those pinches. And if you don't like what I've suggested, suggest some other cabs that are between $0-$350 or some heads that are between $0-$200. I know that's not alot of money but I'm just starting out.
You can get a Marshall 1960av 4x12 used for under $300 I got mine for $200 and $150.

Its tough to get a head thats gonna cover you in those territories for under $200..

Look on the bay at heads.. Just try stuff out and make sure you get the one your the happiest with.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
Why get a half stack? I know it is cool and all but it is a pain in the ass to move around. I highly recommend the Valveking 112 for your price range, I started off playing old Metallica tunes...and the Valveking will give you the tone you desire.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
TOOB COMBO!!!

And saying that, maybe save up a bit more for a Randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hooray for crappy SS heads....

You aren't going to get a good halfstack with that budget so I recommend to start looking at combos...

EDIT: Like the Randall darkarbiter7 recommended.
lol^

dude, i say screw the idea of gettin a head for that price range. if you geta tube combo, you will have the money you would have spent on both the head and cab. go with a ValveKing 112
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Will be hard to get even a decent head unit for that money much less a good one. MGs cost more than that. 200 bucks just doesnt buy much anymore.
Dude you have 500 bucks get a metal tube combo

Randall 50RGTC
B52 AT-100
Used 5150
Used Peavey XXX
Used Peavey Ultra