I've got a 450 watt 4-ohm head that is currently putting half it;s rated power into a 400W 8-ohm cab, and it;s been working out, but I'm lacking in the low end. I'm looking to add a 1x15 cab, which has raised a few questions:

1. when i add another 8 ohm cab (dropping the total resistance to 4 ohms, making the head put out 450w) is the 4x10 gonna explode?

2. any1 have suggestions on a 1x15 that will handle 450w, sound good, and not bankrupt me (i.e 300-400 bucks)?

2b. Is the Behringer head actually putting out 450w or is it over listed?

3. will the lows go to the 1x15 and mids-highs to the 4x10 by magic, or will i need some sort of external crossover?

3b. if so, what's a good one and where can i get it?
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
1) You only need each of the cabs to handle half of the 450 watts. The power is split between them
2) No
b) Its probably putting out about 300-350 watts.
3) Not by magic, you would need a crossover. However most people don't even get one. It still sounds fine if you have the full signal going into each cabinet and some say even better.
Ok, so the head Isn;t a danger to the speakers, and the crossover isn't necessary. Any good 1x15's in the 300-400 range?

P.S. I'll be able to test exactly what the amp puts out in september (i have the equipment for that at work @ school) and I'll post the Bull $#*^ -to-wattage ratio of Behringer's advertising
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-