I made a song for fun a while ago as an experiment. Cos it was an experiment never got tim eto record it so I was wonderin if anyone oculd help with it. Aware the drums are rubbish cos i'm a bad drummer. And I do believe the solo needs work as I'm not really an excellent lead guitarist. I'm practically happy with it even though it's a deptant song, just wondering where I could go with it. Thanks.
Attachments:
Written In Braille.zip
I like some of the bass parts, especially bar 43 with the cool slide.
My biggest problem with your piece is this one little riff, it starts on bar 11, and seems to make its way into the song every few seconds. It's pretty cool sounding at first, but by the end, it was making me want to stop listening. You might want to add in a little more variety.
Your song also has a real nice flow going, until you get to the part without the time signature changed (or maybe you just forgot to finish those bars?) at bar 72 and 81-84.
As for the solo, you should probably take out the sweeps; They just don't really suit the feel of the song. I really like 116-118. Most of your solo sounds good, but it just doesn't fit together.
Anyway, 7/10.

Crit mine, please? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883571
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now