... I experience severe pain in the left side of my chest. I only ever notice it after running after long periods of inactivity, but it is as though it hurts to breathe. What is this?

BTW, no aids or cancer jokes please.
You may or may not have cancer.

You may or may not have AIDS.

UG may or may not be your doctor.
Quote by Mudmen190
You have aids, with a side of cancer.

Wrong, Cancer with a side of aids! If you keep this up Doctor, you may be put on as a guest star on Scrubs!

Don't let it happen again!
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
To be the first serious answer, it is probably a cramp. If its higher up, enjoy the heart attack you're currently having.
Quote by restless_thrash

BTW, no aids or cancer jokes please.

AIDS and Cancer are no joke.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Austiman
Wrong, Cancer with a side of aids! If you keep this up Doctor, you may be put on as a guest star on Scrubs!

Don't let it happen again!

As a doctor, I advise you to swallow pills. As many as you can fit in your mouth, and as many colours as possible. .
it is canc-aids and i have it too. all joking aside it haooens to me too but i dont know what it is

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
[insert original, funny Cancer and or AIDS joke]
Just kidding kids, cancer and/or AIDS are NEVER a joke.

But really, I notice that happening to me too. I went jogging today and my right side, just beneath my lung started to ache. But maybe it's because I have teh Asthma.
i get that too. means ur outta shape. not as in fat as in ur hearts not used to activity
Quote by bradulator
AIDS and Cancer are no joke.

For AIDS, it has in fact been 22.3 years, so ha.
Quote by NowhereOutThere
[insert original, funny Cancer and or AIDS joke]
Just kidding kids, cancer and/or AIDS are NEVER a joke.

But really, I notice that happening to me too. I went jogging today and my right side, just beneath my lung started to ache. But maybe it's because I have teh Asthma.

They're also NEVER original.
Don't worry about cancer.

You have a Grundy avatar, your immune to it.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Probably just a cramp. If it only happens when you are out of shape, it shouldn't be a big deal, but try to take it easier then! If it becomes more persist or you even worry about it, go to a doctor.
stitch?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Cramp if its below or right on your ribs, warm up first (stretch, other activities that will raise your breathing rate but not to extent of running.)
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
well eventho many people dont believe it running a a very hard sport...so esplly after not running for a while and you push urself for a good distance ur lungs n s**t hurts that completely normall....even after being in prime shape after running races in high school i could barely breathe n my chest hurt like no tomorrow

so therefore ur illness is running
EDIT:you should run like half a mile warm up strech...and after ur done run newere from a half a mile to a mile cool down and most importantly STRECH after your done running
Last edited by fudger at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by fudger
well eventho many people dont believe it running a a very hard sport...so esplly after not running for a while and you push urself for a good distance ur lungs n s**t hurts that completely normall....even after being in prime shape after running races in high school i could barely breathe n my chest hurt like no tomorrow

so therefore ur illness is running

Wanna try that again compitently?
Quote by zeemonkey
i get that too. means ur outta shape. not as in fat as in ur hearts not used to activity

this.

Thanks for the help, and you people(trolls) who posted the cancer/aids jokes need to get lives...