Page 1 of 2
G'day folks, you may know me, you may not, either way my name is Luke from Queensland Australia and i'm gonna give you a look at my bass rig

THE FAMILY

I guess the size of my rig has sorta increased without me realising, it's only when i get it all together i realise how much i have.

Clockwise from Left: Carlo Giordano Rockabilly 3/4 upright, Phonic 250watt PA Bins (x2), Digitech BP80, Phonic 2x200watt PA head, Warwick Sweet 15 150watt Combo, Yamaha BB400 Fretless, Cort Action 4 and Washburn RB2500.

CARLO GIORDANO 3/4 UPRIGHT

Bought this at the start of this year, nothin too fancy, Plywood construction, Fishman style Pickup system, sounds decent plucked, real nice bowed, Paid AU$1000 down from AU$1600

Has some slight damage from a smoke machine, will be putting artwork on it to cover it, I'd love to hear ideas

CORT ACTION 4

Now chances are you've heard me refer to this bass if you have read my bass forum posts. It was my starter bass and i could not have wished for anything better. It still cuts it at paid gigs I'm playing now, decent slap tone (it is my slap bass) with both pups on full and amazing playability. Possibly gonna change the pups, again suggestions would be welcome

***UPDATE***

The Cort is now wired stereo, I had the tone knob removed and now have separate outputs for the P and J pickups. The distortion tones i'm getting through a boss super overdrive guitar pedal is awesome

YAMAHA BB400 FRETLESS

Easily the most interesting bass I own, was my former employers first bass back in 1981. I was given this for doing a website for him. He lent it out to a freind long after he switched to guitar. After a few years he never expected to see it again. 15 years later the friend returns it, sits in his shop for a day having a setup, he then lends it out again to another friend for a few weeks before he gives it to me.

Vintage fretless P-bass tone, Made in Japan so is steadily increasing in value, I believe it is worth about AU$1600 nowadays. The craftmanship on this instrument is extraordinary, it's been to hell and back but still is and amazing bass to play.

WASHBURN RB2500

What took me 20 minutes to go from seeing in shop to buying has now become my main bass. Originally worth AU$2000 (same as an American Fender) in 2001 i picked it up in perfect condition for AU$400. The plastic hadn't even been taken off the pickguard and still had the original battery in it.

It features a 2 band EQ which is versatile and sensibly set as far as what frequencies it controls for a 2 band EQ. The tone is musicman which i love however i like versatility as well which is why it will receive the coil tap treatment soon. Despite being only a 34" scale the low B is one of the best I've played (I suspect the string-thru body bridge has something to do with it) and the sustain is awesome. The neck reminds me of my Corts neck except for the fact it's a 5. The action is very low and there's no fretbuzz.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Jun 28, 2008,
DIGITECH BP80

Not the worst multi-fx I've seen but not the best either, the expression pedals broken but there are some useful effects, the distortion isn't too bad and i love the chorus, however the rest leave a little to be desired.

WARWICK SWEET 15

This thing is amazing from a tone perspective, only a 4 band EQ with high and low boosts but that 15' speaker pumps, combined with a horn it has amzingly clear and warm. Another 2 bassists and myself had a choice of using it or an Ampeg 4x10 with B12-RE head. Despite the extra power of the ampeg we all agreed on the Warwick and running to the PA from the line out to get over the 2 60watt tube guitar amps (one Marshall JCM2000 combo and a Fender Deville Combo). Seriously this thing is all I'll ever need.

PHONIC 2x200WATT PA

The ace up my sleeve for using different basses in the one gig is this. 7 channel PA that i use as a preamp with my 4 basses having a dedicated channel. It has an unpowered out which i run to my Warwick and in case i need more power i can bring one or two of the PA bins (1x15" with Horn) to push the extra air. Great onboard reverbs as well.

MERCEDES-BENZ 300D

Not strictly a piece of bass equipment but still important for my rig, i can fit everything you see here in it at once.

ME

Yes that's the owner of all this stuff, secksy no?

And i apologise for the quality of the photo's, I'll try and get some better ones soon.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Last edited by Double Basser at Jun 12, 2008,
^It's a 3/4, if you guys are lucky I might get some sound clips next week
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
psst, he said 3/4

anywho, I so want an upright, but I can never find leftys. Damn me and my south paw!
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by KKING911
psst, he said 3/4

anywho, I so want an upright, but I can never find leftys. Damn me and my south paw!

Just string it backwards, all you'd need to do is turn around the bridge
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
ahhh, now I feel so noobish. thks tough
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Really decent rig, congrats!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i wish i had an upright i think ill cry now
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Looks nice, you've convinced me to get a Warwick Sweet 25.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Nice! I usually don't like the colored uprights, but that one pulls it off nicely! Love the Cort, one of my buddies has a 5-string Cort that I love to mess around on, they get a pretty decent sound to them. Keep up the good work!
I really like that upright, I'd play it while I wear a white tux.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
I like that double-bass the colours just... Sexy and works well.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
You added your merc too!

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Will have some songs up soon featuring the Double, but the two songs on my profile feature the Yamaha (Blur) and the Washburn (Fear)
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
Will have some songs up soon featuring the Double, but the two songs on my profile feature the Yamaha (Blur) and the Washburn (Fear)

Holy damn dude, taking another look, we both have the same Yamaha, same colour too
How do you like how she plays? I'd say I'm relatively new at playing bass, but compared to my friend's Hofner Violin bass (he's a Beatles fan), it kicks its ass, tone-wise and oomph-wise!
^sweet man, I'd assume yours is still fretted which would be a kickass sound. I really wanna get a fretted one. But yeah mine being fretless lacks the sustain it would've when fretted. As for how she plays she is a dream, apart from a little neck dive the neck as smooth and fast, i love it
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Sexy, yes, but not quite as much as I am.

And I have massive gear envy for that MM style bass, and of course the merc.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
We want sound clips of the car.

Help me to live.

Quote by flyingmarlin
We want sound clips of the car.

Listen, can't you hear the car unlike any other?

Sorry, I worked for Mercedes Benz for a few years, the slogans just stick in your head after awhile. And to answer Bales question, the 300Ds are really roomy. I wouldn't be surprised if you could fit a whole amp and then some in the backseat and trunk.
Next time i have to load up the benz I'll post some pictures

As for sound clips of the car (cause the sound is very distinctive with the 5 cylinder diesel) what mic would you guys use, SM57 or an NT3 Rodes?
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser

As for sound clips of the car (cause the sound is very distinctive with the 5 cylinder diesel) what mic would you guys use, SM57 or an NT3 Rodes?

I personally am a fan of DIing straight into the board.

Oh wait, ****...

So is the Warwick enough power for gigs on its own?
^Well I've never had a situation where it hasn't been enough but then again I mainly play in acoustic type bands where we don't crank. But saying that it can keep up with 2 solid state 100watt amps (1 half stack and 1 combo) with headroom to spare on it's own in a rock band.

Where I live the smallest PA I've seen at a gig is 300watts so really needing more power from my amp isn't necessary as most of the time we'll be DI'd in addition.

My new band is gonna be putting out an EP at the end of this year and there has been talk of getting me an endorsement from some one like Kustom or the like (Our lead guitarist/singer was in a band where the bass player got a Kustom Endorsement).
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
My new band is gonna be putting out an EP at the end of this year and there has been talk of getting me an endorsement from some one like Kustom or the like (Our lead guitarist/singer was in a band where the bass player got a Kustom Endorsement).

Don't you, you know, have to be a fan of the amps before you get an endorsement?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
This needs to be proved. I demand pictures.

I just managed to fit my Ashdown half stack and my P-Bass (in its hard case) into a Golf GTi cabrio so I'm guessing he could easily fit that lot into a big Merc!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Double Basser

Actually I'm thinking of a Few SM58's with an AKG Perception 100 under the bonnet too.

Quote by anarkee
Listen, can't you hear the car unlike any other?

Help me to live.

Page 1 of 2