There is a small chance I will soon be coming into possession of this amplifier, via my dad's guitarist. He's in the process of selling his stuff (including a Schecter Tele from the 80s and a PRS of some sort), and Dad claims he may be willing to give me this amp. He's been using it to gig for as long as I remember seeing him play, and it really sounds quite good.

However, what surprised me was the fact it was an SS amp. Or, at least, I can't seem to find the tubes...

So, well, I'd just like some additional information on this particular amplifier. Any history you can provide, any personal experience you all can tell me about, the range of sound it can produce (as I've really only ever seen him play with some overdrive via a Boss OD-1, which he, in fact, just recently gave me), anything. Just opinions on it in general.

Help is appreciated.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
My old high school had the 212 model. It wasn't too shabby of an amp at all. Granted I needed to use an external OD/Dist source, but it was a nice clean amp that took pedals pretty well.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar

Is this his room?

JK but that thing looks tiny. Guessing by the pic I put in it seems like it takes pedals VERY WELL.

Keywords + Google + Clicking Harmony Central link =

"This amp was made in 1994. 150 watts solid state amp from the Stage series. My amp is an anniversary model. The Stage 112 SE is extremely powerful and works well with almost any situation. It's a little loud for around the house but at gigs and rehearsal it's perfect. It can compete with a Marshall half stack easily."
I got some good guitars, yo.
Hm. Yeah, it obviously does take pedals well....I gotta say, I'm terribly jealous of that picture right now....damn...

This is an uncommonly good SS amp, I would guess. I suppose I would prefer tube, but I really can't complain if I end up getting this for free/cheap....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay