Wat scales did jason becker use in Paggini 5th Caprice?
Quote by BigChief84
I wish my B.C Rich would cut my nipple
Last edited by hammetjunior13 at Jun 12, 2008,
Did Jason Becker die or something? Why is this question in past tense?

Anyways... I'm sure he's used quite a large array of scales. Probably ranging from major to minor... This is a very broad question man. Narrow it down.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Did Jason Becker die or something? Why is this question in past tense?.

hes not dead, he just doesnt play guitar anymore because he is terminally ill
Quote by BigChief84
Quote by jasonmetal love
Why is this question in past tense?

Well, he recorded it in the past. The past tense seems like a good way to describe something that occurred in the past.

TS: A lot of classically-styled music will feature some use of the harmonic minor, though I'm admittedly not that familiar with the piece or Becker's recording.
Quote by one vision
^That's not his original.

in the video wat scales
Quote by BigChief84
Quote by hammetjunior13
in the video wat scales

Oh I see. I didn't notice that you edited the post to refer to paganini's caprice.

It's in the key of A minor. Uses harmonic minor, but switches to C major and a brief period of D minor. I wouldn't constitute this as key signature changes, but you can tell that at times the resolution is not on A. I'm in the process of learning it, so I notice these things.
Last edited by one vision at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by hammetjunior13
hes not dead, he just doesnt play guitar anymore because he is terminally ill

Oh okay, I didn't know that
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Oh okay, I didn't know that

To be more specific, he has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig's Disease. It's a neurodegenerative disease that has almost 100% taken away Jason's ability to move. Pretty much the only thing he can move anymore is his eyes and his mouth ever so slightly. It's a shame that such a talented guitarist simply can't play anymore.

Now, he isn't mentally handicapped in the slightest bit, only physically. Even then, he can still feel things. If something brushes against his arm, he can sense it, he just can't move his arm away.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
To be more specific, he has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig's Disease. It's a neurodegenerative disease that has almost 100% taken away Jason's ability to move. Pretty much the only thing he can move anymore is his eyes and his mouth ever so slightly. It's a shame that such a talented guitarist simply can't play anymore.

Now, he isn't mentally handicapped in the slightest bit, only physically. Even then, he can still feel things. If something brushes against his arm, he can sense it, he just can't move his arm away.

Wow, what the hell does he do with his days? Just sit there? That would be really trying on my will to live. I'd have to have constant communication with people or be constantly busy with something...
Portugal. The Man »–
He composes I'm assuming. One of his albums, don't remember which one, was composed when he was already ill, and he got other people to play it. Such tracks as Serrena and End of the Beginning, etc.

EDIT: Although Serrena is a MIDI track.
Quote by jasonmetal love
Wow, what the hell does he do with his days? Just sit there? That would be really trying on my will to live. I'd have to have constant communication with people or be constantly busy with something...

He still writes music. He and his father came up with a way to communicate using just the movements of Jason's eyes, once they realized he was losing his ability to speak. Also, his condition has been in remission for over 10 years, which is pretty much unheard of for ALS. Not a disease you ever want to be diagnosed with, but he's still fighting strong.
known as Jeff when it really matters
Quote by one vision
He composes I'm assuming. One of his albums, don't remember which one, was composed when he was already ill, and he got other people to play it. Such tracks as Serrena and End of the Beginning, etc.

EDIT: Although Serrena is a MIDI track.

the album youre referring to is perspective

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OFjQgDe_a0E

watch this documentary if you want to learn more
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.