http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-412-GUITAR-SPEAKER-CABINET-800W-EACH-NICE-4X12-CAB_W0QQitemZ370060294215QQihZ024QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i was browsing around ebay, and came across this. 800w? bullshit!

edit: for the price, why not just spend a few $$ and get some V30's for it?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Its probably rated that high, but I have never heard of the cab company or the speaker company. Sometimes those no name things are a good deal but most of the time they suck ass. It looks to be cheaply built from the listing. And for $170, I would go out on a limb and say that for a 412 its sh*t.
there is no real reason you need that many watts unless you are playing a huge ass stadium in that case they would have you hooked up to a big system so its loud enough id say save your money get something with less watts but better quality with sound systems of any kind quality is always over quantity
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
Looks like it's a Bass cab, since the low end range is 45 hz. Could be wrong though.
dude, im likin that 212 for $89. throw 2 V30s or Greenbacks in there and that would probably be sweet

edit: LMFAO THIS is bull****.

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?storename=moshaudio&DeptID=232957&ItemID=9825206&detail=1

and 800w combo?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Well considering that the combo is 80W RMS and 800W Peak I would say that is a toal bull sh*t listing. And its only 112. 800 watts would destroy that thing.
Once again, I'm almost sure that it's a bass cab
Thats a lot like a Vader Cab. Its very flat on the EQ side of things and has a TON on headroom. That cab would actually be great for a Huge Metal tone. As long as you have a High-gain Tube head with an Overdrive.

No its not a Piece of ****. Would work great for keeping extreme Overdrive clear and defined.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Looked at the website. Looks like either a scam, or someone selling re branded, low quality **** out of their basement...
it doesn't state whether its an active cab or not. if its passive, it doesn't matter how much power the speakers can push out, unless you have an 800 watt amplifier, you're not gonna push 800 watts out of those speakers.

also, it says "96dB" - wut? does that mean it only pushes out 96dB? in which case, theres not a lot of point in it being 800 watts, since a lot of 50 watt tube amps can be cranked loud enough to cause instant hearing damage (i think it reaches about 140dB before it starts to do serious harm). 96dB is tame.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jun 13, 2008,
They rate car audio speakers/subs like that too. 96 db is probably the input sensitivity at 1 watt. A Cerwin Vega Stroker is rated at 84 db 1w/1m. At the same time, this is a sub that people compete and put huge numbers up with... and it handles 2000 watts rms.
Quote by bjovi400
dude, im likin that 212 for $89. throw 2 V30s or Greenbacks in there and that would probably be sweet

edit: LMFAO THIS is bull****.

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?storename=moshaudio&DeptID=232957&ItemID=9825206&detail=1

and 800w combo?

Its probably made of particle board and wood tacks.

Save your money.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
Quote by Ubershall404
Thats a lot like a Vader Cab. Its very flat on the EQ side of things and has a TON on headroom. That cab would actually be great for a Huge Metal tone. As long as you have a High-gain Tube head with an Overdrive.

No its not a Piece of ****. Would work great for keeping extreme Overdrive clear and defined.

no, it's not near a Vader cab. Vader uses good speakers, hardware, and they aren't made out of particle board.

"5/8" Dense particle board" does not equal good cab
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
lol, go to the eBay store front. They have amp heads that look EXACTLY like the B-52 LG100H. Same control layout, same head box
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
A quick google search gets nothing on soundmaster speakers. Are they even guitar speakers or just car audio stuff put in a guitar cab. Soundmaster/UK does PAs and car audio no reference to guitar or bass. Just for comparison a MG cab which is pretty much junk is 279 bucks. So Im gonna imagine a particle board cab with no name (maybe not guitar speakers) for less money than an MG cab yea its gonna be a good one. Save your money.
It's a bass cab, jesus, and you do need that much wattage for bass.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

btw, most pro audio/car audio companies make guitar amps as side products, and they don't advertise the RMS rating, they advertise the peak rating. So junior goes on the site, looks at the amps, goes "ZOMG 800 WATTS!!1" and wastes his money on a piece of junk.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by DSchmitty
It's a bass cab, jesus, and you do need that much wattage for bass.

Look on their(ebay seller's) website. It's a guitar cabinet. Not that it matters anyways because it's a no-name brand with extreme claims...

Guitar Cabinet -SM 412G
Bass Cabinet - SM 410B

That being said, I do wonder why they put 10's in the bass cabinet, and 12's in the guitar ones...
Have you not noticed that bass cabs usually come with 10" or 15" speakers?

10" are more punchy and focused, while 15" speakers offer more rumble
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Have you not noticed that bass cabs usually come with 10" or 15" speakers?

10" are more punchy and focused, while 15" speakers offer more rumble

They also make them in 18" form...those are the ones that go "boom" when you hit a string. Never seen a 12" bass driver, except maybe in some smaller practice models.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden