When I was at my grandma's house a while ago, I talked to some guy who is like my second cousin's uncle or something, and he saw that I played guitar, and tried to convince me that this song by Yes is the hardest song to play ever, and if I could play it, i could play any other song. I think he's full of ****, but does anyone have any idea what it could be?

He's kind of a weirdo though, he threw a chair at his wife and got a divorce like a week after I met him.
Some Yes songs are not that simple to play, yeah.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Yes.

omgi'mhilarious
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
probably roundabout.. because its alot of bass solos and its like 9 minutes long. you gotta remember tho.. thats just one persons opinion
Could be either Mood For a Day or Clap, both solos by Steve Howe. My dad said that guitarists back in the seventies learned those songs to pick up chicks. They aren't that easy to play, but they aren't impossible.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Last edited by Iron_Dude at Jun 13, 2008,
Lol I know. I am in no way taking him seriously, I just remembered this from a month or so ago, and now I want to hear the song for some reason. I don't even know if I like Yes or hate them or meh them or what.
Quote by Baldorr
who the **** is YES?

British 80's (I think) band.

Front man is Rick Wakeman, used to go to my school. Pretty cool guy.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
They're a good band, and Steve Howe was a great guitarist. You should give Mood For a Day a listen, it's one of my favorite acoustic solo pieces. Great to play a parties to impress other dorks who think they know how to play guitar.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Now that I think of it, I think he might have said roundabout. The name was kind of catchy sounding, I remember thinking it would be easy to remember or something.
Quote by Brain245
Lol I know. I am in no way taking him seriously, I just remembered this from a month or so ago, and now I want to hear the song for some reason. I don't even know if I like Yes or hate them or meh them or what.

if you like the band rush, youll like Yes.
Quote by GnR_ROK

Front man is Rick Wakeman, used to go to my school. Pretty cool guy.

Try 70's, front man is Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman is the keyboardist.

Yeah some Yes songs are pretty hard to play but nothing impossible a lot are just really long though
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Yeah, I'm liking this. It's interesting and stuff.

My parents tried to convince me that I would hate them, but they just don't like anything with higher pitched singers, except the police.
Yeah, the intro to Roundabout was one of the first songs that I learned. I remember my guitar teacher using it to explain natural harmonics.

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by GnR_ROK

No. British, but spanning from '68 to the present.

For whoever asked who they are, imagine the wierdest, geekiest prog band you can. then make them twice as geeky and wierd.

And yes, both "Mood for a Day" and "The Clap" are insane. "Roundabout," however, is cake.
It's entirely possible that a Yes song would be difficult enough for him to say that, yeah.

They're a band worth listening to, for whoever hasn't heard them.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by pepsi1187
if you like the band rush, youll like Yes.

So.....yes is horrible then?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
So.....yes is horrible then?

Quite the opposite my friend, Yes is well known and critically respected for creating some of the most beautiful and technically deft music of the 1970's (80's they kind of dropped off). They are also known to be very "rockin " with songs like "roundabout", "all good people (the second half of "I've seen all good people") and "Siberian Khatru", just to name a few. Anyone who has an appreciation for compelling, moving and complex music will enjoy, if not fall in love with, Yes. I myself have been close to tears after hearing "Close to the Edge". And if you think Rush is horrible, someone (not me) will come to your house and knife you (they have a very dedicated fanbase, and for good reason, Rush is awesome).

P.S. I think that song may have been roundabout, Steve Howe still blows me away.
Steve Howe's music is a lot more difficult than most Rock guitarists around that time, but I would never go further than saying their music is some the most technically demanding of a just Classic Rock.
like i used to think stuff like thatwas the hardest ever...dream theater solos, steve vai music..etc

then i started listening to classical guitar stuff.....lol albeniz, tarrega, brouwer, villa-lobos, 10x more amazing and 100x harder
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Maybe he meant hard to play, because you simply won't be able to remember it all. Some of their songs go 20+ minutes!

Yes definitely has my respect. Everybody can play well, the music is good, and Chris Squire, their bassist, directly inspired me to get myself a bass.