I just came across the Fender. Im deciding on that or the cube. What will sound better? Im not planning to plug pedals into the cube if i get it but if i get the fender i will. which is better?
I'd go for the XD. I really liked it when I played it.
Why would you plug pedals into the fender, and not the roland?
The fender has effects too...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Fender G DEC or Vox Valvetronix. I don't like either of those particularly. Or [get] a Vibrochamp...
Hmm... since the Fender actually has a clean channel (no modeling), i'd go for that.
Plugging a MM into a modeling amp (even though it's modeling a clean channel), probably won't sound good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hmm... since the Fender actually has a clean channel (no modeling), i'd go for that.
Plugging a MM into a modeling amp (even though it's modeling a clean channel), probably won't sound good.

Wrong. Clean apparently is also through the black face clean. So basically one of the models are duplicated onto the clean channel.

The issue with XD apparently is that, if it works, it's awesome, since it does have one single preamp gain stage before PI. Unfortunately it is also from China, so seems like reliability is an issue.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
Wrong. Clean apparently is also through the black face clean. So basically one of the models are duplicated onto the clean channel.

The issue with XD apparently is that, if it works, it's awesome, since it does have one single preamp gain stage before PI. Unfortunately it is also from China, so seems like reliability is an issue.

I stand corrected!

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator