hey i want to buy a new guitar
i have smaller hands and own a jackson roads pro and an gibson explorer pro.
i love my jackson action and neck feel but i like the size of the frets on my gibson (aka 24 3/4 scale) i also like how far apart the strings are on my jackson (not sure what the nut width is).

do you guys have any suggestions for a good 24 3/4 shred guitar.
i was looking at kramer night swans and pro axe's
and i was kinda looking at charvel's and jacksons
also does any one know of a good site that breaks down the different charvel guitars? i cant seem to find one, i just want to research them (vintage kramer helped a lot when i was looking at different kramers)
also one more request please have the freatboard radius at least 14 degrees or compounded, the flatter the better.

thanks
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Fender rumble 300 bass amp
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall special edition red cab
Last edited by keabler at Jun 13, 2008,
There are a couple J/C's out there that are 24.75.

Jackson:
Fusion EX
Fusion HH
Fusion Standard
Fusion XL
Fusion Pro
Fusion USA

Charvel:
Fusion
Fusion deluxe
Fusion plus
750 xl

All these are similar except for the 750xl. The 750xl has a maple neck-thru a mahogany body with a maple top. It also came with either a trem or string-thru body and tail piece. All the others are your basic Super Strats. The only differences between them are the fret-board materials/markers and the p-up layouts. All are also made in Japan.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by keabler
i love my jackson action and neck feel but i like the size of the frets on my gibson (aka 24 3/4 scale)

Scale length has nothing to do with fret size...
ok not fret wire size just like how big the frets are ... so scale length is the distance from the bridge to the nut and if that number is smaller then you have to fit all your frets into a smaller length thus making the space between the fret wire smaller. aka if its smaller you dont have to reach as far
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
Last edited by keabler at Jun 13, 2008,
hmmm also i would prefer an american made instrument
even though i understand that back in the day Japanese guitars were better than they are now.
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
Quote by keabler
hmmm also i would prefer an american made instrument
even though i understand that back in the day Japanese guitars were better than they are now.

That really only applies significantly to Jackson, and it isn't even completely true, because the former Japanese Jacksons are more equivalent to the Jackson Stars brand, which are only sold in Japan.

Country of origin really doesn't matter. American made guitars can be worse than Korean guitars, it just depends on the company making them.
Just stumbled upon this old thread. If keabler is still with us and is still looking for a shortscale Superstrat you should look for a Jackson USA Fusion. They only manufactured them for a couple of short years. I have a 1990 and love it! I see them come up every once in awhile on ebay and craigslist and I have even seen a couple in Guitar Center over the years. You should also check the classifieds over on the Jackson forum at jfconline.com.
Quote by RARic01
Just stumbled upon this old thread. If keabler is still with us and is still looking for a shortscale Superstrat you should look for a Jackson USA Fusion. They only manufactured them for a couple of short years. I have a 1990 and love it! I see them come up every once in awhile on ebay and craigslist and I have even seen a couple in Guitar Center over the years. You should also check the classifieds over on the Jackson forum at jfconline.com.

He hasn't been on in 7 years Not hard to check.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one