Okay, I believe I will need to replace the speaker in my Blues Junior, and so far texas heat seems to be the best option.

The only issue is that, due to the cramped spacing of the amp, I am wondering if it will even fit into Blues Junior's cab. Anyone have experience with them?

EDIT: The stock Blues Jr Speaker can handle how many wattage max? I want to use it with the CPB150 as backup amp, in case the Blues Jr gone kaput.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Last edited by Jestersage at Jun 13, 2008,
if the texas heat uses an alnico magnet, then it won't fit. if it's ceramic, it probably will. using alnico needs a bigger magnet than ceramic to withstand 15 watts. (according to ted weber and his alnico/ceramic comparisson with his speakers)

but if somebody has done this mod, then it might work. i never measured dimension of a texas heat.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yeah thats what i was thinking. if its AlNiCO it probably wont fit.
BTW, i havent seen you around for a long time ECistheBest. you used to be the guy that always answered my questions haha, now no one answers them. and im typing this on a Macbook..................................

Pro. haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Oops... forgot to google. apparently not only it fits, it's also the most common speaker upgrades for Blues Jr.

Before I shell out 80 dollars, I want to know what is the RMS watt handling of Blues Junior stock speakers? I want it to be able to handle 150w, since in case Blues Junior's tube failed and need to plug in my CPB150— reason I want to go for Texas heat in first place.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Last edited by Jestersage at Jun 13, 2008,
i think its either 30 or 50 watts. not that high sorry.

and ummm. my internet is being lame, so i'm not posting so much. in fact, i should be studying for my bio final. before i get owned. its starting in 7 hours. yes 7am in the morning. thats how lame my school is.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard