On that picture you provided, see how just before the yellow fades into the dark rown, it also gets slightly redder/orange for an inch or so? Epi and Gibson 'Vintage Burst' finishes don't really do that as much, they call that effect a tri-burst. On the Gibson/Epi version, it's a more subtle colour change, and not as big - only about half an inch and it's a barely noticable reddish tint.

But there could be variations. Not every finish will look exactly the same, especially when dealing with flame or quilt maple tops which are treated a bit differently. I think a good rule of thumb would be to say the Epi Elitist will look slightly more faded than that bright finish in the picture you linked to.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
On that picture you provided, see how just before the yellow fades into the dark rown, it also gets slightly redder/orange for an inch or so? Epi and Gibson 'Vintage Burst' finishes don't really do that as much, they call that effect a tri-burst. On the Gibson/Epi version, it's a more subtle colour change, and not as big - only about half an inch and it's a barely noticable reddish tint.

But there could be variations. Not every finish will look exactly the same, especially when dealing with flame or quilt maple tops which are treated a bit differently. I think a good rule of thumb would be to say the Epi Elitist will look slightly more faded than that bright finish in the picture you linked to.

thats exactly what i was thinking.. too bad, that sucker is beautiful.. o well, what can you do

thanks much!