Shielding my Epi Les Paul Custom. No real reason for it, I decided to replace all the electronics and once i had it cleaned out i figured why not since I'll probably never have all the innards taken again(unless a major wiring malfunction) Never shielded before and now that I have all the cavities completely covered in the copper foil tape stuff(which isn't cheap might I add) I realized there might be more to it than just sticking all that stuff on the cavity walls. So please direct me to a good website, instructional vid, or just grace me with your general knowledge on how to properly ground a shielded instrument so I won't kill myself next time I plug in.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
well if the pickups are grounded to the pots and the pots grounded to the bridge and the input jack properly then it will be grounded
just connect the ground from the output jack or a wire soldered to the top of the pots (which on most guitars are also connected to ground) and connected it to your shielding...

copper take should except solder.... if not find some other way. I wedged a wire in between a pot and and a aluminum enclosure for a fuzz pedal i built to help shield it. really simple
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
just connect the ground from the output jack or a wire soldered to the top of the pots (which on most guitars are also connected to ground) and connected it to your shielding...

copper take should accept solder.... if not find some other way. I wedged a wire in between a pot and and a aluminum enclosure for a fuzz pedal i built to help shield it. really simple

And by the way, copper accepts solder. That's why wires are either copper or silver. Aluminum doesn't. But both conduct electricity, making them ideal for shielding.
My guitars to avoid ground loops each part has a ground wire run to a ring terminal and thats screwed into the body contacting the shielding. I try to avoid running ground wire from part to part.
Yea I star ground all of em. Not that hard to do. I just put a long ground wire from each pot, pickup ground, and the bridge then when Im done run em all to a ring terminal. Been looking for some small studs one end with wood threads other with fine threads for a nut but not having much luck so I just use a screw for now.
will star grounding work with sheilding paint?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.