......When it comes to Soloing & I don't just meen the more advanced solos!! thing is I can play stuff like the solos from "knockin' on Heavens Door", "Sweet Child 'o' mine"
& "thunderstruck" but I just can't get my head around most! I meen I still have truble with solos as simple as "Seven nation army" & "Smells like teen spirit"
So any ideas to help with this? or anyone with a similar problem?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
It's going to sound dumb, but the best I can offer is just practice, listen to the solo alot, pay attention to everything about it, know it well enough so you can hear it in your head, and feel what you play. (That's how I get my head around weird time signatures)
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
That is weird. What gives you the trouble? Make sure you know the song well and how the solo goes, then just keep running through it, I guess.

Yeah I've been doin' that!!
I got a theory that because I think they're easy I not consentrating on learning them as much as the "Harder" solos.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Yeah I've been doin' that!!
I got a theory that because I think they're easy I not consentrating on learning them as much as the "Harder" solos.

What exactly is the problem, remembering them?
Quote by Regression
What exactly is the problem, remembering them?

I don't know I always sorta haved how the solo goes in my head before I try to learn it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan
I don't know I always sorta haved how the solo goes in my head before I try to learn it!

Hmm, well, I dunno, I can't really help, but close this thread and post it in musician talk. You will get better answers there than you will in The Pit.
i reckon its probably that the easier solos are slower, when ur fingers are used to moving faster with the more epic solos like sweet child of mine. lol idk
I don't know what to put in my sig...

How about my gear: -
o Epiphone Les Paul 100
o VOX DA5

how bout a quote?

Originally Posted by *someone*
*something funny or reffering to me*