Just basically wondering, you hear about all these guitar players such as Noel Gallagher and Slash learning the blues scale and then taking it from there what are these?
The Blues Scale?
It's a minor pentatonic with an added b5 - commonly known as a 'blue' note.

(Then again, I suppose you could also give it a b3 or b7, all of them being 'blue' notes...)
Adam
pentatonics and a few others i cant put my fingers on.

go to the top of the page and look in the lesson section
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
The pentatonic scale with the b5. That's the text book definition, anyway.
Quote by adzlee123
The Blues Scale?
It's a minor pentatonic with an added b5 - commonly known as a 'blue' note.

(Then again, I suppose you could also give it a b3 or b7, all of them being 'blue' notes...)

The minor pentatonic scale already has the b3 and the b7. What you can add is a major third and or a minor second for interesting harmonies.
^ That sir, is a very good point, that it being early in the morning I totally forgot about...

It would be a way of making a major scale 'blues', but that wasn't the question anyway...
Adam
To be completely honest, you can literally play any note if it fits within the phrasing of the lick and sounds good. Srsly, some of the most interesting blues songs modulate extensively and have interesting harmonic phrasing that mixes minor and major.

And that's not even considering quarter step bends and 1/8 step bends and such. Anything goes within the context of the phrasing.

But for beginners, pentatonic minor scale with an added b5.
Thanks, i'll take a look. I'm basically just interested in getting my fingering (i couldn't word it better!) up to scratch because i'm a pretty good rhythm guitarist eg good with chords.
One interessting thing to note:

A blues scale is niether major or minor! If you ever play blues you will notice it switches between minor and major all the time. Why? Well that is what separates a blues scale from most other scales. It includes both the minor and major 3rd's. Most blues scales are based of the minor pentatonic in that key, but adds the major 3rd. Another common note to add is the so called Devil's Fitth, which is a flat 5th. If we we're to have a look at say A major we have the minor pentatonic:
A C D E G

If we we're to do the blues scale, which adds thew major third and flat 5th, it would look like this:
A C C# D Eb E G

On a tab, based of the "first" postion of A minor (5th fret) you would have:
e:-5-8-
B:-5-8-
G:-5-7-
D:-5-7-
A:-5-7-
E:-5-8-

And then the blues scale would look like
e:-5-8-9-
B:-5----8-
G:-5-6-7-