Hi there UG. I'm in need of your assistance.

A friend of mine is moving to Australia, and i don't have the money to buy her anything. So instead, i have decided to write a small album for her, of about 4/5 tracks. This is where you guys come in.

I need some help with little chord progressions or cool sounding little doodles that you can give me.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Eli

EDIT: You can hear the first track of the album "Daybreak" on my UG Profile
Last edited by Slinov at Jun 13, 2008,
If I was to go through the trouble of making a nice chord progression, the last thing I would do is give it away for free.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
If I was to go through the trouble of making a nice chord progression, the last thing I would do is give it away for free.

I'm not asking for much here

I just want something i can play with and mess around with. If I'm going to make an album for a close friend of mine, i might as well put some effort into it right?
Awwwh, bless! A great idea...but maybe you should save your CD for somebody that'll give you sex in return for it? I.E: Your girlfriend.

She'd be a lot more "appreciative" if you know what i mean
Quote by Hypnotisation
Awwwh, bless! A great idea...but maybe you should save your CD for somebody that'll give you sex in return for it? I.E: Your girlfriend.

She'd be a lot more "appreciative" if you know what i mean

But I'm not a sex addict and i don't think i should use music to get girls in that way.

And i am already thinking about writing one for my Girlfriend anyway.
Quote by Slinov
But I'm not a sex addict and i don't think i should use music to get girls in that way.

Make sure to include lots of Fsharps!
some chords you can mess around with that arent hard are, G maj, E min, D maj, Cmaj, Cadd9. i think F maj might work aswell, but if its in the key of G (which has F#) the F maj chord has an F natural...

but yeah, these are kinda basic chords, but can sound pretty cool.
hope its helped

EDIT: F maj works with those chords, apart from Cadd9. It works with D maj also, even though F maj has f natural and D maj has F#. You could also you Dmin as that has an f natural.
Last edited by Winsbury at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by Slinov
Is there no hope for me whatsoever?

UG is full of musicians, you'd think at least one would know a cool sounding acoustic riff, or doodle or chord progression.

You seem to forget that 90% of musicians are assholes.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by Slinov
I'm not asking for much here

I just want something i can play with and mess around with. If I'm going to make an album for a close friend of mine, i might as well put some effort into it right?

not asking for much? your basically asking us to do it for you

your right when you say you might as well put some effort into it

you put some effort in and not ask the pit

i'm surprised youve not been told to use the rape chord by now
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

Quote by freedoms_stain
Remember you can't use E>F.

Metallica have that one patented.

Really?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Really?
It's a joke, some canadian band claimed Metallica sued them for using E>F but it was just a publicity stunt, one that didn't go too well because I don't remember the band name.
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's a joke, some canadian band claimed Metallica sued them for using E>F but it was just a publicity stunt, one that didn't go too well because I don't remember the band name.

Ah okay, If they had patent on that one it would have been funny.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Well I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but from experience I know just messing around for a while is when the best riffs come to you. =P
Also, might I ask which part of Australia might she be moving to?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Well I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but from experience I know just messing around for a while is when the best riffs come to you. =P
Also, might I ask which part of Australia might she be moving to?

I'll find out for you.

And to the guy who said that I'm asking the pit to do it for me. I realized this as soon as i posted it . But the thing is, i know I'm not really that good, so what's the problem with getting some creative advice from those across the world?

And to the guy who gave me a list of chords. I present to you one E-Cookie
Quote by Slinov

Sorry- you no longer exist and therefore I cannot speak to you- what you have stated is an impossible occurance in the Pit...like dividing by zero.
Em & C# sound really good together. Makes a really sad sounding tune, or better yet, play the strings by themselves to make it even more of a tearjerker.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Em & C# sound really good together. Makes a really sad sounding tune, or better yet, play the strings by themselves to make it even more of a tearjerker.

Thankyou for the help +1 E-cookie
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Sorry- you no longer exist and therefore I cannot speak to you- what you have stated is an impossible occurance in the Pit...like dividing by zero.

Or the square root of -1

haha I said root
I like to doodle around

G Am Bm C D G... it gets a really happy acoustic sound
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...