How do they compare in terms of tone? Can you get a decent marshall tone out of the V3? And does it do really creamy lead tones? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
: Ibanez RG5xx & up club

Ibanez RG570 signed by Paul Gilbert

Dunlop Crybaby 535q

Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 combo

Monterey Strat copy

Carvin V3 combo

Profile Stratocaster
Haven't heard the V3 but it seems to be more suited to shred and versatilility. The Gh is better at blues up to hard rock.
Quote by Horlicks
Haven't heard the V3 but it seems to be more suited to shred and versatilility. The Gh is better at blues up to hard rock.

Paul Gilbert disagrees with your remarks about shred and the GH50L.

However; if you need a clean tone the V3 is a better choice, the GH50L has no clean channel.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Horlicks

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Paul Gilbert disagrees with your remarks about shred and the GH50L.

I disagree with his remarks about shred and the GH50L!

The GH50L can do amazing shred tones and incredible rhythm tones. It can do anything from blues to br00tal metal.
For sure, the GH50L was pretty badass when I tried it.

The V3 is probably a better option though if you need a clean channel. I think you can put EL-34s in it right? That would make it sound more like a Marshall like you want
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The GH50L can get a clean sound too though. Just roll back the volume on your guitar a bit.

The way I'm setting my GH50L when I get a Keeley TS9DX and Keeley DS1 is I'm going to have a moderately overdriven tone on the amp (with the drive switch off), then I'll be able to choose any combination of the TS9DX, DS1 and the amp's drive switch as added gain. And for a clean sound, I'll just use the moderately overdriven tone of the amp and roll back my volume a bit.
Last edited by tombo32 at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by tombo32
I disagree with his remarks about shred and the GH50L!

The GH50L can do amazing shred tones and incredible rhythm tones. It can do anything from blues to br00tal metal.

I was saying the V3 is more suited to shred, not the GH can't do shred. Besides I own a VH so I know what they can do.