OK, I got drunk for the first time last night...and I know that there are many of you who do this often so I was wondering...what's the best way to get rid of a hangover?
Advil for the headache, grainy foods for the stomach because it soaks up the alcohol. Lots of water.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Water, painkillers, more water, bread, more water.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Tompa87
Start drinking again.

definitly....or weed...whatever you wish
my hovercraft is full of eels
Greasy fatty foods help alot. I would never recomend eating them at any other time, but they do help a hang over. Hit up Mickey D's
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
MAKE yourself throw up when you feel an urge It helps
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Drink water, take 2 paracetamol before you go to sleep and 2 when u wake up. Hangover is gone. Works for me.
Water.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Find songs with as much bass as possible. Link them into the loudest amp/sound system you can find. Turn the amp/sound system to full volume. Place your head right in front of the amp/sound system.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Sleep. I got out of bed at 8:30 p.m. on New Year's... eve day? It was the night before New Year's that I was drinking, so whatever the day after that is called.
Founder and Gaz of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM me to join.

The Metal Militia
"Banging that head that doesn't bang!"

Quote by -Vogel-
All bow down for the mighty Holy Wars
stick your finger(or a c**k) down your throat to make yourself throw up. trust me it helps.
Eat stuff with a lot of salt and fat. Pizza and chips is what i go for.
Whatever you do, don't drink more alcohol. That's really the dumbest thing you can do. You get hangovers because of alcohol, more alcohol makes it worse.

Drink water or coffee. Eat something. If you feel sick, make yourself puke, you'll feel better.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Whatever you do, don't drink more alcohol. That's really the dumbest thing you can do. You get hangovers because of alcohol, more alcohol makes it worse.

Drink water or coffee. Eat something. If you feel sick, make yourself puke, you'll feel better.

You get hangovers because so stop drinking, so dont stop
Water, paracetemol, starch-based foods.

If it was your first time, it should be either really bad or go away really quickly, because when people first drink they either overdo it or underdo it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Nugi
You get hangovers because so stop drinking, so dont stop

No. You get hangovers from dehydration, which is what alcohol does.

Best thing to do is to drink WATER. Lots and lots of water. Drinking alcohol will not cure you.

EDIT: Actually, electrolytes are best if you've been chucking up.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No. You get hangovers from dehydration, which is what alcohol does.

Best thing to do is to drink WATER. Lots and lots of water. Drinking alcohol will not cure you.

I was talking about drinking water..
Water or lucozade
/thread

Quote by rickyy
Advil for the headache, grainy foods for the stomach because it soaks up the alcohol. Lots of water.

I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY. Alcohol is NOT soaked up,the stomach digests the food. In this time the muscles at the bottom of said stomach close the bottom which means nothing can get out. This stops alcohol reaching the small intestine so it cannot be absorbed into the blood stream as quickly.

And I'm pretty sure by your logic the grainy foods would soak up the water
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jun 13, 2008,
*stumbles back into topic*

I need to drink more often. Got hammered for the first time since new years last night, I don't remember coming home.

I always wake up at stupid times, like 6:30 this morning.
I actually can't remember, but I watched this show on G4TV called "Brainiac" and they did all these experiments on how to get rid of hangovers easily...too bad I can't remember, or I'd probably be doing it too.
Quote by dann_blood
Find songs with as much bass as possible. Link them into the loudest amp/sound system you can find. Turn the amp/sound system to full volume. Place your head right in front of the amp/sound system.

if it weren't so funny, i'd say you're an ass.

in all seriousness, pretty much everything stated helps. food that soaks the alcohol, pain relievers [ibuprofen works best as it reduces swelling, and swelled blood vessels make up the headache] to fight the headache, and water to fight the dehydration.

One thing my dad did back when he was a party animal was take two ibuprofen before he drank, it usually prevented a hangover.
Quote by dudius
if it weren't so funny, i'd say you're an ass.

in all seriousness, pretty much everything stated helps. food that soaks the alcohol, pain relievers [ibuprofen works best as it reduces swelling, and swelled blood vessels make up the headache] to fight the headache, and water to fight the dehydration.

One thing my dad did back when he was a party animal was take two ibuprofen before he drank, it usually prevented a hangover.

Preeeetty sure it says DO NOT TAKE WITH ALCOHOL for a reason on the bottle...
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I usually have two pieces of toast 10-20 minutes before I start drinking. Then before I crash I throw up (in a toilet, as to not be a dick).

Haven't had a hangover yet.
Quote by Tompa87
Start drinking again.

this

No but really... I've only had a hangover once, despite drinking all the time (damn you, Jager, and your awesome delayed-drunkenness powers) but I ate bread and drank water after I woke up on the bathroom floor, and that seemed to help.

In any case, stay close to the bathroom lol
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm