Well here's the story, i started playing guitar a year ago and I'm getting better. I'm starting some steve vai stuff like for the love of god and i get ringing out of my other strings if i try to improve some fast licks.

Is that just me as a bad guitar player with those noises?

Or is it my guitar?

If it's me then i wanna know how to stop those extra sounds that make my guitar playing sound like dookie.
what amp?

is it electrical noise sounding when the guitar is plugged in? a grounding or humming

or is it mechanical noise, like the strings rubbing against a fret? fretbuzz
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ I think he meant the strings were ringing open.

Practice slowly first, make sure that your fingers are in the right places, and work on your picking technique. Try to mute all the other strings besides the one you are playing with your palm, and the tips of your other fingers.

=] You'll get rid of that problem in no time if you just be precise about picking and fretting.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
oh duh me, TS practice palm muting like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I have the same problem with For the Love of God. I'm getting there with it, but I get a lot of horrendous open string soundings one a few of the licks. Like the crazy arpeggio one towards the end.
you can try using a bandana around the neck, near the nut if you arent using open string notes.

it's not really cheating if it helps
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62