i love seymour duncans, but for my upcoming build, i dont want to have to shell out so much for them. can anyone name a few good pickup companies that are reasonably priced

ive already been looking into bareknuckle, john suhr, and a few other boutique style places, but would appreciate some input before i go out and buy away, especially since most of the ones ive tried are more pricey than duncans
+1 Swineshead

Irongear too for cheap and cheerful
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
Have you checked Swineshead or RockMonkeyGuitars.com? RMG's owner is a UG member, and gives a 10% discount to members.

+1, those two would be the two i'd be looking into for well-priced, but still good, pickups.

irongear might be worth a look too, but i haven't tried them (haven't tried rockmonkey either, lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
RockMonkeyGuitars.com

I love the guys warning on his site......

Warning

The output on my Neobucker pickups is seriously high. These pickups are meant to drive the preamp stage of tube amplifiers. Some have an output that is so high that you can easily destroy a solid state amp.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
RockMonkeyGuitars.com

I love the guys warning on his site......

Warning

The output on my Neobucker pickups is seriously high. These pickups are meant to drive the preamp stage of tube amplifiers. Some have an output that is so high that you can easily destroy a solid state amp.

Promises, promises...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SG thrasher
I'm willing to bet £10 that you have tried none of either company.

Bet declined
Most people with a good ear who have tried both will tell you that Bareknuckles are better.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
Bet declined
Most people with a good ear who have tried both will tell you that Bareknuckles are better.

Stop spouting about stuff you know nothing about, plz.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by steven seagull
Promises, promises...

yeah, that sounds like a cure for mg-itis...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?