Well I'm currently looking for a new guitar, my price range is probably up to $800 give or take some.

I play metal/hardcore music, so I was looking at maybe an ESP or Schecter? but I'm open to all suggestions.

Also, I have kind of a soft spot for not traditional shaped guitars.

I need something that has a lot of sustain and adds that extra punch for extra heavy riffs, and I love it when a solo has that eerie feel to it.

Well I think that is enough information, if you need to know anything else, just tell me!

Thanks!
You ever tried a Steinberger or a Tokai Talbo, both sustain for days and are unusual.

Edit: Whoops, didnt see your $800 budget.
Last edited by TERU at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by MootUSP
Well I'm currently looking for a new guitar, my price range is probably up to $800 give or take some.

I play metal/hardcore music, so I was looking at maybe an ESP or Schecter? but I'm open to all suggestions.

Also, I have kind of a soft spot for not traditional shaped guitars.

I need something that has a lot of sustain and adds that extra punch for extra heavy riffs, and I love it when a solo has that eerie feel to it.

Well I think that is enough information, if you need to know anything else, just tell me!

Thanks!

ESP's are my favorite guitarsf for metal, I'd reccomend an EC-1000 for your price range and needs
Up the Punx!
well check out the metal comanys like ESP and schector and jackson. ibanez as well. personaly i dont like the necks on ESP and schectors. so ill push jackson dkmg or somthing like that. do you want actice pickups? active pickups will help with sustain and be able to give a heavy punch when distorted
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
I don't know.. I have never played a guitar with Actice pickups before, right now I have a Schecter Damien FR and I really like the EMG-HZ's it has in it, I'll have to look around the ESP website a little bit.
Check out the ESP site

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Wow, I raelly like the ESP FX-400SM has anyone played that before? it looks like a really good guitar.