rito guys and gals,
i've this guitar, and it lost all sound. like NO sound, not even hummin. Tried different leads, no difference. Th amp, although is fookin awful, is actually workin. SO i thought hmmmm must be the guitar. so i've taken it apart, not hard. to see if maybe there was a wire come loose, or somethin else glaringly obvious to a rookie.

I cdnt find nowt.
Plugged guitar back in, cranked volume up to max. had a lil tweak and twiddle with all the wire joins, in the hope to find somethin, SOMETHIN that would make a lil nosie, even a bit of hummin. VOILA! its now workin, well I think. Havin taken orf all th strings, th only way i can tell this is by rubbin the strings onto the single coil pickups to see if any noise occurs. and it did!YEY!progress!however a couple of questions before i try and put it all back together and waste ANOTHER set of strings.

1st, is there a proper method of makin sure its workin, is gettin noise from the pickups, which i wasnt gettin before, a sign that all is good?

i've got a black wire, thats leadin from the volume 'knob'. its passing through a channel, and POPS out under the bridge pickup. its loose. no idea if its meant to be connected, surely IS??rekon i disconnected it while yankin it apart (OOPs)any idea where it should go?is this a standard kinda layout for wat i would say is a telecaster rip off guitar?

uh thas aboot it, may post pics if anyone can be of anyhelp

churs

TEDDY
Quote by 100%guitarmad
By speaking English?

rite, cheers, anyone else as helpful as this prick?
rite, sorry, jus had a look at ur profile and did not realise your a kiddie.
Last edited by teddy09 at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by ripdime04
what??

what what?man wat is it with 13 year olds and this forum...
Quote by teddy09

LOL pwned.

on topic, when that happens, what I'll usually do first is take the cable out of the guitar and rub it with my fingers or off some metal surface to see iff it crackes, this confirms that the lead isn't the problem. After that, I'd check that the wires on the input jack aren't loose or broken off. It takes two minutes, a screwdriver, and a tiny bit of solder to fix this. After that, yeah I'd have a look to see if the pickup wires are connected, try switchin through all pickups to see if they're all not workin or not and to determine which ones aren't workin.

Hope that helps!
Er, pics would definitely help to sort it out
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by teddy09
rite, sorry, jus had a look at ur profile and did not realise your a kiddie.

I am. Try ****ing passing english before coming here, 'kay?
Last edited by captainoid at Jun 13, 2008,
I'd check the pickup selector and input jack, it could be a loose contact in either. If your guitar has a 5-way slider switch it may have failed, I know from experience that sliders aren't the greatest when it comes to lifetime
ohai little sig.
If you guys really can't read that, I REALLY suggest Reading lessons before you ask someone to learn to speak English...or are you just jumping on the "Grammar Nazi" bandwagon? I'm seriously laughing at the stupidity of some of you this point.

Either way, threadstarter, I really think its the pickup selector, maybe the jack. Its a 200 GBP guitar, what can you expect eh?
Quote by teddy09
what what?man wat is it with 13 year olds and this forum...

Dunno, going by your typing I assumed to you were one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
buon giorno

rite, been holdin my tongue but now got to speak, first off. seagull u priss, get a grip. wat are you even posting on here for?do u have any help to offer?get off and go 'help' somewhere else.
100%guitarmad, on ur profile U EVEN ADMIT HAVING NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANYTHING TECHNICAL!! so once again, why even attempt to start a rant. dont get scared now.

about my 'english'. I dont rekon its too bad, considering i'm fooking italian!can any of you post in italian?come on guys, try a lil...for me....please.

to the helpful guys, 666, ur rite, its wiring is AWFUL!bt for 200 quid,indeed!the stray black wire is the earth anyway..sorted. Gonna replace the jack, and the pickup selector, volume and treble and see where i go from there.

arrivaderci, TEDDY
If you want to figure out if a pickup is working, tap the pole pieces lightly with a screw driver while the guitar is plugged in. You should hear a tapping noise.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Quote by Cutmyself
If you want to figure out if a pickup is working, tap the pole pieces lightly with a screw driver while the guitar is plugged in. You should hear a tapping noise.

excellent mate, cheers for simple advice!jus done and it does-result!!