I have a Fender Midnight series Strat and for some reason when I plug in I get an annoyingly loud buzzing noise.. I checked all the cables and that is not the issue. I also plugged in my other guitar and I didn't get that buzzing (however, that guitar sounds like trash). Any idea what is going on here? How can I fix it?
Probly your bridge isnt grounded, check the wiring and see if any wires are loose. Since its a strat im guessing it has a tremelo. Take off the back plate where the tremelo springs and such are and look to see if there is a ground wiring soldered to the bottom of the tremelo.
Quote by _brandon
Probly your bridge isnt grounded, check the wiring and see if any wires are loose. Since its a strat im guessing it has a tremelo. Take off the back plate where the tremelo springs and such are and look to see if there is a ground wiring soldered to the bottom of the tremelo.

Yes, the wire is soldered down.

The tremolo bridge is also lifted up from the body a little bit.. how can I stop that?
Last edited by Lucid Like Life at Jun 13, 2008,
Single coil pickups are sensitive to magnetic fields. Computer screens, fluorescent lighting, stuff like that. if you're near something like that, turn it off, pickup buzz may go away. Of course, that might not be the issue.

If it is not the pickups that are buzzing, it could be that you have fret buzz, which is more of a problem, Play unplugged and listen for any buzzing. If fret buzz is the problem, you will need to either have your truss rod or bridge adjusted, or you may need to file some frets.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...