does anybody know if you can put a strat neck on fender cyclone?

i found a cyclone on ebay, but it has a rosewood fretboard and i don't like the feel of rosewood fretboars, ewwww. but i do love the feel of my maple strat neck and maple necks in general.

would also need a push pull pot for the tone control.

so yeah, any help would be great.
Last edited by mfox4000 at Jun 13, 2008,
Don't know about the neck, sorry. Push pull pots can be found here, but they're a bit pricey and you may want to check your local stores.
Actually I haven't been able to find cheaper ones and I've looked everywhere. Radioshack doesn't sell em, and GC ones are expensive DiMarzio pots, I don't know, you can try finding a cheaper one if you want.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
the scale length would be off, your cyclone is a 24.75" (gibson scale) while the strat neck is 25.5", and with it having a strat style tremelo that pretty much rules out you being able to move the bridge, so unfortunately i think you're stuck. you could try finding a bolt on maple board neck on ebay with a 24.75" scale and do it that way.
Depends on the neck pocket. I simply swapped a 25.5 scale neck for a warmoth conversion 24 3/4 scale with no problems. The mustangs could be gotten with either the really short 24 scale or the 25.5 the body was the same for both. You just cant get a 24 fret neck or something like that that was made for a 24 fret body.
Quote by asfastasdark
Actually I haven't been able to find cheaper ones and I've looked everywhere. Radioshack doesn't sell em, and GC ones are expensive DiMarzio pots, I don't know, you can try finding a cheaper one if you want.

Yeah, sorry - I wasn't saying guitar stores, I meant local electronic shops. Radioshack is notoriously overpriced, so even if they had it it'd be just as expensive.

It looks like allparts, and guitarelectronics are $9, so that may be the best price.
Quote by Tackleberry
Depends on the neck pocket. I simply swapped a 25.5 scale neck for a warmoth conversion 24 3/4 scale with no problems. The mustangs could be gotten with either the really short 24 scale or the 25.5 the body was the same for both. You just cant get a 24 fret neck or something like that that was made for a 24 fret body.

ok, so the intonation wasn't way off? surely a .75 inch difference is going to throw it way out.

so does anybody know if the neck pocket is the same as on a strat, if it is then that's good news.
also, can i use a push/pull pot as 2 tone knobs,

like when its down it changes the tone of the bridge and pulled up it changes the neck pickup, i nearly always keep the neck on 0 but i would like to be able to change it.

or do i have to add another pot.
If you get a neck of a different scale made to go in a standard strat body the scale length will be correct. Thats the way the mustangs were made either neck was interchangeable. The heel is the same the nut is brought the .75 inch closer and the fret distances are changed. If you had both necks to compare you would see how it works. Not sure how well the push pull would work for the tone. But you could get a concentric pot and would fit in the space of a single pot but would have 2 seperate controls.